Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Isolation Plus

(5 posts)
  1. bbgirl

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 3 2011 8:02:23
    #

Login to Send PM

The Toronto Star ran an article about surviving in an infested building: http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1063301--fiorito-community-housing-resident-battens-the-hatch-against-bedbugs? Wonder if this will work for him?

2. Alberta has bugs

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 4 2011 1:38:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Wow, how many of these kinds of story's will we hear?

3. bbgirl

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 4 2011 7:39:37
    #

Login to Send PM

If the people that manage the subsidized housing continue to allow the bugs to spread unchecked in high density residential areas it will become an ongoing problem that affects all of us. The city of Toronto dedicated 3 public health nurses to the fight against bedbugs to help the disabled and disadvantaged but that is in a city of millions. It is getting very scary.....

4. makesmenuts

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 4 2011 12:09:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Stories like that make me so sad. The one good thing in all this mess is that I'm in a house, not an apt., so once I'm victorious, ongoing diligence will likely keep me BB-free. It's appalling that they're not doing anything about the hoarder, as that could be a fire and sanitation issue, as well as contributing to the BB problem. I pity the people in that building because they have little hope of ever living bug-free without a comprehensive plan, and apparently that ain't gonna happen.

5. bedbugsuptown

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Nov 2 2011 1:04:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Stories like this one make me nuts. I KNOW that the quality of life can vary from one project to another.
    Some Projects are well maintained and strict when it comes to the rules. But when the projects gone bad it's just horrid. It just happens over the years. This shit gets me so crazy I can't post on it.................

There's a ripe variety of assholes that f*ck up a project over time and after awhile it's like dodge city. I don't know about Chicago or Detroit but I've seen it happen in New York. Everyone suffers-the good the bad and the ugly. Some sentimental asshole used to live in the Drew Hamilton Houses at 2430 Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Boulevard in Harlem. He bought a baby tiger and raised it in the project for 3 years. Ming, the tiger grew to be 400 lbs. Even Antoine was afraid of the tiger but what could the fool do? Everyone in those houses knew about Ming. After the story broke I wondered if Antoine Yates didn't nickle and dime kids just for a peak through the door. By the time Ming grew to be 400 lbs. even Antoine was afraid to stay in his ghetto-fabulous-not-crib. Took to a regular routine of throwing raw chicken through the door. Til he went back and got smacked or bit by Ming one night and took himself to Harlem Hospital for treatment for

a bite from a pit bull.

Suddenly the Housing Authorities

cool secret is out
    and the NYPD step in. I can't think about life in the projects anymore................

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,394 posts in 50,185 topics over 156 months by 21,932 of 22,432 members. Latest: Ladybug1993, PROJECTD168, Kimmmie46