(1 post)
  1. buggybrains

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Jun 25 2012 20:03:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello, I’m in need of some major help!
    And in need of some advice and some guidance!

My problem started maybe 3 months ago? I’m not even sure. At first I thought it was mosquitos because it was beginning to get hot. So obviously I thought nothing of it. I applied the itch cream and went on with my life. I would get one bite here and one there and sometimes two at one spot.

But one day as I was rolling in my bed, I thought to look around the floor to see if anything was there, and holy cow! There it was, lying on its back, a bug. I was hoping that it wasn’t a bed bug… and I wish I took a picture but at the time I wasn’t thinking. I thought it was still alive so I blew at it and no movement. I grabbed my lint roller and rolled it up. As I stared at it and blew at it and poked it with a piece of paper it did not move its little legs. It was dead. I pulled out my laptop and did some research and bam, there it was, my worst nightmare - a bed bug. How did it die I wondered…

But that didn’t matter. And PLUS! It was a male one and the next thing was to freak out and find its mate! So I cleaned everything; I bagged everything in my room and got rid of clutter around my bed. The cleaning process was great, I mean I washed everything that was washable and threw out stuff that I didn’t need anymore. My room looks way emptier than before. This took a couple of days, and within those couple of days I didn’t get bit that much maybe one bite every two days. I got a mattress protector maybe 2 weeks later and vacuumed everything that night. I vacuumed the edges and every corner of my room.

As I was vacuuming my bed – my bed is freakin wood and the part that I don’t understand why that is, the wood on the bottom that is holding up the mattress is unfinished and I read that bed bugs can hide in the tiniest, skinniest cracks. Anyway as I was vacuuming my bed I discovered another bug; it was not hiding in the cracks, but more like chilling on top of the wood, I went for the lint roller and rolled it up. I was hoping that it was dead like the one that I found but it was pretty much alive, my boyfriend took a video of it, ill post it up when he emails the video to me. This bed bug was running up a storm trying to get off the lint roller; I finished vacuuming the bed and didn’t find any other bug and killed the one that we caught. Thinking that it was all over I slept fine for 3 days. But on the forth day I saw two baby bed bugs. I killed them and couldn’t sleep; I stayed up and was on bed bug ALERT the whole night. And for about 2 weeks I was on bug alert. I slept with the light on and a lint roller in my hand. I would find maybe one or two baby bed bugs every other day and crush them with the lint roller.

And about just the past week I hardly got bite and I hardly see any bugs.

And just a couple of days ago I chalked any crack I saw around my bed. I now vacuum once a week… making this the third week that I have vacuumed, but I wipe down as much as possible before I sleep and I look through a lot of my old things to throw useless junk out. I am currently waiting for my friends to help me seal up the cracks in the unfinished wood under my mattress. I also continue to be on bug alert and I sleep with the light on until 3-4am and with a lint roller in my hand.

I called an exterminator yesterday and he told me that it will cost up to $1050 and up for the treatment in my home. I don’t have enough money. But I have read a lot of success stories about people who got rid of them without calling the exterminator and spending a lot of money.

I want to know if just cleaning daily will get rid of my problem…

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,748 posts in 49,541 topics over 153 months by 21,704 of 22,148 members. Latest: germanhippie, Sportbb42, Katieaus