Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Is this treatment going to work? What can I do? Will they ever go away?

(3 posts)
  1. BedbugDragon

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Sep 14 2017 20:24:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all,

My infestation woes starts when I found a carcass from one and a few blood spots in my bed. Checked the box spring and low and behold between the frame and boxspring in the corner were about 8-10 younger bugs (3rd-5th instar?) huddled together. I killed them and the next morning told landlord in a panic. They called a PCO who was there one week later (one week too late if you ask me but what can you do). In the mean time before there arrival, I found two adults on the wall molding by my bed and one on the wall near my bed. (I killed them) Bedbugs have been noted nowhere else in my apartment (not the living room, kitchen, or roommate's room) and despite my fears, I stayed sleeping in my bed.

Chemical treatments began and I saw no bugs until two weeks later before the second treatment-- I saw an adult crawling out from under a molding. It looked rather confused and slow but I panicked, caught it, and killed it. They treated the next day with chemicals. When I came home after the treatment I found what looked like a live fourth instar in my bed frame in a nail dent. It looked... slow? I don't know. I killed it as well in a panic.

Now I haven't seen anymore bugs. The last chemical treatment is tomorrow. What else can I do? Are they going to come back? The company only has a 30 day guarantee and I am so so scared I will find them again. When can my life go back to normal?

I bought cimexa and intend to dust it around when the PCO says I can. Will that help?

Sorry. I'm so anxious. It's (almost) worse when you don't know if they are there or not, or where they are hiding... All I see online are horror stories. Do people ever get rid of them without moving and/or burning their homes down?

2. bbmd

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Sep 14 2017 20:59:41
    #

Login to Send PM

That's my fear too- are they just hiding during treatment and will come out later from god knows where and wreak havoc?! Trying to stay positive and tell myself that's an irrational but this whole thing invokes a lot of paranoia and anxiety

For the experts- how often do or have you ever see anything like that in be setting of a presumed effective treatment?

3. Woodrow15

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Sep 14 2017 21:35:31
    #

Login to Send PM

My PCO requires a signed contract agreeing to a full year of treatments or they won't take on your bed bugs for this reason. Bed bugs can go without feeding for approx a year, the longest he had heard was 18 months though. If a straggler does appear months later, keeping the chemical on board helps prevent them from taking residence again. Our situation required a $700 initial payment and then $37 for each spray there after and it's required to have a minimum of 1 spray per month for a year. This month we're having him come twice because we still have an active infestation but once we get that controlled, we will go to monthly.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,666 posts in 48,867 topics over 151 months by 21,454 of 21,857 members. Latest: frejohansen, Bedbugs47, Ccronk22@gmail.com