Is this normal?

(3 posts)
  1. bedbuggedinAR

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 5 2017 12:38:43
    #

Login to Send PM

We had our first treatment 15 days ago, and we are having our second one as we speak. I found about ten nymphs total after last treatment (some fed and some not). They were in the corners of walls and way up high where the wall and ceiling meet. Bites went down between last visit and now, but last night, I was anialated. Bitten 8 times and one of the bites in my ankle hurt so bad I woke and Caught it in the act!!! All nymphs. I haven't seen a single adult. The strange thing is that I cannot find any evidence of them other than live bugs. When we discovered them, there was a harbouage in the base boards with fecal and cask skins. Now I'm finding bugs but I have no IDEA where they are harbouring or coming from. We have practically moved out of our apartment so there is nothing in our room. We sleep on a mattress and. Is Springs on the floor that are both encased.

Is it normal to see an influx of bugs after first treatment and is it normal to find bed bugs but no apparent harbourage? Getting so frustrated! Could lone nymphs be coming from person upstairs, biting, and then harbouraging back upstairs with no signs in my room?

2. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 5 2017 16:03:24
    #

Login to Send PM

From what I understand, the reason there are typically 2-3 tx's done every 2ish weeks is because of the life cycle. Your previous treatment would have killed the adult and baby bugs, but eggs would have since hatched thus nymph bites. This tx should take care of those ones, and hopefully the PCO is using some type of residual or sterile spray/powder too, so any that survive will have a chance to get to that as well, and kill them in future.

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  3. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 5 2017 16:09:08
    #

Login to Send PM

As for the harborage... they've gotta be somewhere... usually within 1-3metres of your bed (or wherever the hot spot was). I found a harborage on a hanging shirt, one inside a molly-bolt type connection where the side/back of my couch met, and also buried within the carpet. They're tiny and sneaky little cowards... in order for me to find them, I actually watched where one went one morning around 4.30am during a fit of BB induced insomnia. Once I saw it 'go home' I eviscerated its little safe haven. Quite a few were in there, and I'd have never thought to look in that spot.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,893 posts in 50,057 topics over 155 months by 21,882 of 22,369 members. Latest: sai, Mary Borges, Pleasebegone2019