Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Is this fecal on top of a plastic lid? [a: probably not]

(6 posts)
  1. skylarmarie

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Sep 11 2016 16:32:15
    #

Login to Send PM

The container only stores barbies and is usually in the closet but sometimes livingroom or kitchen with the lid tossed around. There are passive monitors (climb ups or bb alerts, depending on the piece) with no signs in or on any of them. The climbups do get cleaned and repowdered once a month.

I did test it with the presumptive blood test kit, it did turn pink right away which is why I'm turning here. We have been clear for over 9 months now, and the container is only 3 months old, if that, and the marks weren't there when I bought it. Testing it did wipe the spots entirely away with 3-4 quick swipes. TIA and now I'm going to go sit and worry.

Here's pictures (there's 5 of them, 2 on the plastic, 3 of the q-tip):
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0aPgotwSSS-QWZqNzcyLWFtMms

2. skylarmarie

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Sep 11 2016 22:46:02
    #

Login to Send PM

And if more information is needed the lid is to a 18 gallon sterilite container, and the marks were on the outside of the top right in the middle. And the lid is only off of it for a few hours at a time.

3. misery

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Sep 12 2016 17:37:33
    #

Login to Send PM

I would use a photo site that's public, like Flickr. Someone might click on it then to help you ID your photos.

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  4. skylarmarie

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Sep 12 2016 17:57:56
    #

Login to Send PM

misery - 19 minutes ago  » 
    I would use a photo site that's public, like Flickr. Someone might click on it then to help you ID your photos.

The link should be public, I've used google drive before for here since it zooms in well. Is it not working? If not I'll try Flickr

Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143545341@N02/shares/82Vc7J

5. Canuck

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Sep 12 2016 21:19:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Does not look bed bug related to my eye. Also the smooth texture of the container and its usual location does not translate to a natural location for a self respecting bed bug to hang out.

Sheree Swindle / certified K9-assisted bed bug inspector
  6. skylarmarie

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Sep 12 2016 22:28:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so much

I figured it seemed unusual considering how many more logical nice dark hiding spots there would be closer to the bed (wood slats & bb alert) but that I would ask to be sure.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,434 posts in 48,821 topics over 151 months by 21,437 of 21,839 members. Latest: bedbugtoronto, stinson, WendyW