Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Is this definitely bed bugs? Should I call pest control?

(2 posts)
  1. scaredofbuggies

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon May 30 2016 23:20:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I started getting small clusters of bumps on my body about a month ago. They would each be the size of the ballpoint on a pen and painless, clustered in groups of 2 or 3 bumps. Recently I've gotten three quarter-size red welts on my stomach, each appearing one day after the other.

About a month ago I noticed some copper stains on my bedsheets. When searching I had seen no bedbugs, nor other signs of them. I wash my sheets weekly and vacuum often. This weekend though, I found a brown bug casing under my pillow and three black specks on the side of my mattress cover.

My roommate has no issues with bugs, and I'm going crazy trying to figure out what is biting me to cause these big red reactions.

My (poorly managed) apartment complex contracts a pest control company that sprays quarterly, but I do not want to alarm them if it is not bedbugs. I also have no bugs as evidence.

What should my next step be? Should I alert the apartment complex to bring in a pest inspector? Should I buy my own products and try to treat my bedroom? I definitely want to stop getting bit.

2. Doink317

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue May 31 2016 0:47:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm no expert, but I'd definitely call an exterminator to at least check it out. Trust me it's best to find out as soon as possible. I'm going threw this myself now. I've called and hired an exterminator. What he told me it's basically three treatments to get rid of them(hopefully).

I wouldn't try to do it yourself, I honestly thought at first I could and I went out and bought some powder stuff I had heard about, with people raving about it, but it really didn't do much at all. I put it on once, saw that the problem was still indeed there and almost immediately found an exterminator. It's at least a relieve knowing there's a professional on the job, that's there to (hopefully) rid me of this problem. I'm trying to look at it as this is the beginning of the end. I know I'm still a good month plus on being back to a regular life. The sooner you call an exterminator though, the sooner you'll be able to hopefully find out what you have and get it taken care of the right way.

I wish you all the luck!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,904 posts in 50,059 topics over 155 months by 21,883 of 22,370 members. Latest: Mary Borges, Pleasebegone2019, aims6186