Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Is this counterproductive?

(4 posts)
  1. OhNoes

    member
    Joined: Sep '11
    Posts: 125

    offline

    Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Sep 13 2011 17:12:24
    #



    Login to Send PM

    So, I called my LL to let him know where I stand in terms of treatment. I let him know that I called Orkin and have scheduled a 3rd treatment for next week. When I told him this, he seemed genuinely surprised. I think he doesn't realize how resilient these little buggers are.

    Either way, he said that he has a PCO that he contracts with for other buildings who was telling him about the steam treatment that he does for BBs. Long story short, LL said he was going to call his PCO and get him scheduled to come out this week to do a steam (and maybe dusting)?

    Is this counter productive to have a second PCO coming out when I'm in the middle of treatment with another PCO?

  2. BuggerBeater

    junior member
    Joined: Sep '11
    Posts: 95

    offline

    Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Sep 13 2011 17:28:32
    #



    Login to Send PM

    You can never be too thorough. Good for you for taking the initiative.

    My building manager brought in a PCO who sprayed the place and is scheduled to come in 2 weeks later but I've been at war with these bugs non stop nonetheless.

  3. OhNoes

    member
    Joined: Sep '11
    Posts: 125

    offline

    Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Sep 14 2011 7:06:56
    #



    Login to Send PM

    I have the same feeling as you BuggerBeater... but a part of me is worried that this guy is going to screw something up.

    Like, I don't know if he is going to just steam bed, or, do a proper steaming of all baseboards, furniture, etc.

    I also don't know if when he does this, it will render any of the residuals put down by previous treatment ineffective. (Unless of course he also dusts after doing the steaming).

    Any thoughts from any of the PCOs here?

  4. OhNoes

    member
    Joined: Sep '11
    Posts: 125

    offline

    Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Sep 14 2011 12:45:26
    #



    Login to Send PM

    Just spoke with LL after he spoke with his PCO. PCO confirmed what my suspicion was, that if he came in to steam, it would make problems with the residuals. Decision is to wait until after first PCO does treatment #3


RSS feed for this topic


Reply

You must log in to post.

293,483 posts in 49,273 topics over 152 months by 21,594 of 22,016 members. Latest: evil11, Airbnbug, junojunk