Is this bed bug? Very worried... [a: no]

(3 posts)
  1. KT2017

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Jul 28 2017 17:23:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I found a bug on my skin when I was reading a book in my bed. In this apartment building they have recently detected bed bugs in two apartments, which makes me very worried that this might be a bed bug as well. And I just had a visitor who slept in my apartment and he said that now he has small area of skin, which is quite itchy.

Here is couple of highly magnified pictures of the bug after I killed it with alcohol based disinfectant and let it dry overnight:

If those pictures aren't visible, here are links to those pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/EPpZH
    http://imgur.com/a/dT3x1

BTW, I live with two dogs and they are using a drug called NexGard which should kill fleas within 8 hours and ticks within 48 hours of sucking blood. If there are bed bugs, I wonder would this drug kill bed bugs as well, if the bed bugs try to bite the dogs?

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Jul 28 2017 18:20:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It's not a bed bug.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. KT2017

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Jul 28 2017 19:00:29
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 31 minutes ago  » 
    It's not a bed bug.
    Hope that helps.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart! I feel much better now.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,306 posts in 50,168 topics over 155 months by 21,929 of 22,426 members. Latest: MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo