(7 posts)
  1. redfruit

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Aug 20 2014 19:07:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi!
    I didn't travel or go anywhere. I didn't buy new things except groceries. One thing is that my neighbor is moved out on June 30th and the unit was empty for a month and then new neighbor is moved in on August 1st.
    I've been bitten at least for a month or not sure because I thought it was something else. At first, I was bitten on my face so I thought it's a skin trouble and throw out all my facial products.
    I even bought herpes ointment. But I don't have herpes.
    About two weeks ago, I was up at 4 in the morning. I felt something crawling on my arm from my desk.
    I was freaked out, jumped and didn't see the bug properly. I started washing and cleaning for two days in a low without sleeping.
    I realized that it might be a bed bug. I started searching information and so on. Thanks for a lot of information here!
    I bought permethrin and diatomaceous earth and sprayed including my body, face and so on.
    But I was kept bitten and never seen a bug and fecal spots.
    I think I'm losing my mind. I'm little paranoid right now so can't write well.
    My point is!! I found this about a half an hour ago. I killed and it's polluted with diatomaceous earth powder which is white power on it.

Dose anyone know if it's bed bug?
    Should I report to my management? and do I need to pay for the bed bug control?

original pics on google drive
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx_BCEzo43KIRFNFOWh0dTM4OG8/edit?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx_BCEzo43KIaXhVMjM2TlNtRWc/edit?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx_BCEzo43KIeS1QbWFsczFHelk/edit?usp=sharing
    Thanks for your help!

+It's 3~4mm. I'm scared right now but if it's possibly young bed bug, I can take more pictures with ruler. Thank you!

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Aug 20 2014 19:57:31
    #

Login to Send PM

It's not a bed bug. The first and third images show it has cerci.
    It looks like a cockroach to me. Hang on for confirmation on that but definitely not bed bugs.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. redfruit

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Aug 20 2014 20:38:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you very much! sigh.. I hope it's not. I've never seen that tiny cockroach.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Aug 21 2014 6:51:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Confirming roach not bedbugs.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Aug 21 2014 7:11:55
    #

Login to Send PM

yes, roach nymph.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  6. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Aug 21 2014 7:59:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear redfruit,

Yes, as pointed out above, this is a cockroach nymph.

For those of you who find such critters in your home, it may be an indication that you have a growing cockroach problem. Left unchecked, a cockroach infestation population will far and away exceed a bed bug population in short order. This is so because a roach species such as the German cockroach female deposits egg capsules which may contain over 40 young. These little guys can become reproductive adults in short order, produce their own egg capsules and in just a few weeks: Yikes !

This said, if you do find a cockroach nymph in your home, it is wise to determine the species. Note that only a relative few cockroach species are commonly problematic in structures. The top structural pest roach species here in the US include: German, American, Oriental, Brown Banded, Asian and Australian cockroaches. There are some "peridomestic" type roaches which can enter structures from outdoors such as the Smokey Brown and a few others depending upon your location however, these guys are not usually an equivalent threat to inside our homes as those previously mentioned.

Of these the German is most commonly the problem species encountered indoors. They are also the fastest "breeders" for a number of reasons. For example; once mated a German female is "pregnant for life" and produces numerous egg capsules averaging over forty young each. These roaches are also considered public health pests due to their ability to carry various pathogens which may contaminate our foods and food prep surfaces. At locations with heavy infestations you may see where young children and infants have had their eye lashes and eye brows chewed off whilst they slept by roaches. Nice, huh ?

As such, if you find such a roach, you are best served to conduct a brief inspection to see if you have a problem before it becomes a full blown cockroach ground zero type infestation. Here's how:

a) Get a good flashlight.
    b) Inspect your kitchen cabinets, especially the base cabinets. Note that these critters prefer warm, dark & humid areas located near food.
    c) Open the cabinet doors under your sink.
    d) Get on one knee and shine your light to inspect the top back corners of the cabinet.
    e) Remove the cabinet drawers and do the same thing.
    f) You're looking for the telltale signs of cockroach infestation which include:

* Fecal stains - roach feces appear as specs of pepper stuck to the surfaces where deposited.
    * Egg capsules - roach egg capsules appear as tiny women's purses.
    * Live roaches themselves.
    * Shed skins - roaches develop via gradual metamorphosis and shed their skins as they grow in a similar fashion as bed bugs do.
    * Carcasses, i.e. dead roach bodies.
    * Odor - roaches create a distinct odor. This odor grows stronger and more obvious as the population endures and grows.

g) In advanced populations we will see roaches harboring in other cracks and crevices away from the typical primary harborage sites. Such places include bathrooms, door frames, hinges, furniture, light fixtures, appliances (refrigerators, dishwashers, etc.), wall hangings and other places.

At some locations we see both roaches and bed bugs which makes them even more fun to work at !

Hope this helps ! pjb

7. redfruit

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Aug 21 2014 15:58:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you, Nobugsonme, bed-bugscouk, loubugs and P Bello. Especially for the detailed information about the roach!!
    I'm really glad that I found it early so that I can deal with this much easily.
    However, I got bites today and everyday. There's red rash at the center of the bump that looks like something has bitten obviously.
    It's not itchy like crazy but I freak out at the idea of something is crawling all over my body including my face. It even bites my eyelid.
    It's really consoling because I can talk about this here at least.

I took unpolluted sheet and folded it, soaked with permethrin and was using as a blanket for about a week.
    I didn't inspect before start using it but now. Look what I found.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx_BCEzo43KIOVB2YnFUMV9pYUU/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx_BCEzo43KIbVM1RFZ2SDRTU0U/edit?usp=sharing
    Do you think these are fecal spots? I have know idea what these are.
    what makes confusing is that the sheet is not new, I used it about a year ago and washed it and than put it in the closet.
    so I'm not really sure if it's new stain...
    I get bites but never see a bug or sign and this makes me crazy person.
    All of you are really helpful to me. Thank you.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,404 posts in 50,189 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams