Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Is this bed bug feces? ID needed please! [a: no]

(5 posts)
  1. Mf1616

Posted 10 months ago
    Thu Feb 15 2018 16:07:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Was just napping on the couch with my son and woke up to find this. It won’t smear and it won’t scrub out with an abrasive sponge and soap. No bites and I react immediately. Not makeup either. Help please!!!

https://m.imgur.com/AaUStcF,gKKDTia

For the record, I am NOT an expert.
    My advice/opinion comes from past experience(s) with bed bugs and what I have read on-line.
  2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 10 months ago
    Thu Feb 15 2018 16:51:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Doesn't look like bed bug feces to me. Almost looks like a burn mark.

3. Mf1616

Posted 10 months ago
    Thu Feb 15 2018 17:05:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok I am so relieved to hear you say that, and thank you so much for the prompt response, however, it’s definitely not a burn mark. We don’t smoke and I picked off a tiny little crusty thing before I tried to scrub it. If it is feces, it would be a very recent dropping as I just put the pillowcase on last night. It would most certainly smear if it was a relatively fresh dropping, right?

I’m just freaking out because my father in law was sitting on that couch for a few minutes about two hours prior to me finding the stain. He was the one who I suspected we got the bed bugs from as they were complaining about bites in Nov/Dec. If he hadn’t just been at our place I wouldn’t be freaking out as much but the timing is just too coincidental.

So you for sure don’t think it’s a faecal stain? I know you can’t tell 100% but if you had to bet money on it...? Please indulge me. I feel like I’m going crazy

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 10 months ago
    Thu Feb 15 2018 17:58:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Doesn't look like bed bug feces to me.

5. Mf1616

Posted 10 months ago
    Thu Feb 15 2018 19:19:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you, BigDummy. Such a relief. I can’t tell you how much it means to hear that. I really appreciate it.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

282,510 posts in 47,004 topics over 143 months by 20,744 of 21,019 members. Latest: Ohnoihopenot, bedbugnitemare, C333