(7 posts)
  1. John0094

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Sat May 18 2019 4:34:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,
    I've been getting bites mark on my skin similar to bed bug bites. Every night I'm getting around four to five bite spot mostly on my leg. Only one bite spot on my elbow.

So this morning I've decided to cleaned up my room and check for any bed bug evidence based on the guidelines/intructions that is posted on FAQ section.

I did not find any fecal stain and bed bug shed skin on floor, bed frame and wall. *Not sure about whether I missed out any bed bug shed skin or fecal stain* But I did found five carpet beetle larvae shed skin around my room corners and under my wardrobe. I also found two adult carpet beetle which looks like a varied carpet beetle to me under my desk. In addition, I found these little white bugs on the floor of my bedroom and on my book shelves.

Picture of these little white bugs : https://flic.kr/p/2extMEp

Thanks in advance!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Sat May 18 2019 4:51:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

99% certain they are pscocids or booklice, much written about them in the forum.

A better image taken at 90 degrees to the sample would help or there are plenty of example images to reference.

I would at this stage go with CB’s but it’s always sensible to monitor for bedbugs even if it’s not them on this occasion.

Hope that helps and thanks for including the additional info, it helps us to help you.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. John0094

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Sat May 18 2019 5:23:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the help and reply!

I have one more question. After I cleaned up my room and removeed all those CB and shed skin will I still getting bite marks?

If I'm still getting bite marks, it is reliably to assume that I'm having a bed bug infestation? As bed bug monitor or traps isn't widely available in my country. Thus, it will be harder for me to confirm the situation I'm in and the causes of my bites mark.

Sorry for the additional question.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Sat May 18 2019 5:39:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Possibly. The hairs of the CB which you are reacting to are no longer attached tot he rest of the skin, they are for the most part airborne or will become so at some stage.

Therefore while you still remain electrostaticly attractive to them you may still get small holes in your skin that react to give the appearance of bites.

For the avoidance of any confusion they never "bite" anyone as they are already dead.

Therefore it is NEVER correct to assume skin reaction are a result of bedbugs, you have to find:

• Live samples
    • Cast skins
    • Faecal traces

Which country are you in? The solution to monitoring I would recommend and developed is available in 106 countries, if your not in one of them I have another solution.

The added complication of country may mean you don't also have easy access to the "good sphere" style air purifiers which are essential to "wash out" the airborne hairs. It means you will need to keep shoes and socks off for longer and make sure you damp down the carpet int he area the vacuum cleaner has been.

No worries about additional questions, it's an area that not many actually understand and I really need to shoot more video footage about it.

David

5. John0094

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Sat May 18 2019 6:35:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,
    Thanks again for the detail explanation!

I did not keep my shoe and socks on all the time and I did not have any carpet in my room either. Thats makes me wonder what actually makes me electrostaticly attractive to it.

Malaysia. Not sure about Malaysia is one of the 106 countries that is available. But I've been to ACE hardware nearby my house, a store that sells various of accessories and pesticides as well! Unfortunately, I can't find any bed bug monitor kit except bed bug interceptor for bed leg. Which is not suitable in my case. Because my bed is a platform bed. However, I bought a Harris yellow bed bug spray just in case there is bed bugs in my room. I did not have any experience with air purifiers like most household in Malaysia. But air purifiers is widely available in my country!

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Sat May 18 2019 9:07:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

In Malaysia they are distributed by a company called Ensystex and should be available local led.

The “good sphere” purifiers are not like normal air purifiers, look via google.

David

7. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 months ago
    Sat May 18 2019 19:22:25
    #

Login to Send PM

The small insects in a plastic bag are booklice.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,657 posts in 49,519 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982