Is this a Male or Female Bed Bug?

(3 posts)
  1. ladyoftheleaves

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Nov 28 2018 14:37:25
    #

Login to Send PM

To begin with, I am new to this forum. I have never dealt with bedbugs in my own home before, but I feel like I am pretty educated about them and their behavior. Last Thursday (11/22/2018), my boyfriend and I were sitting in our living room around 2am, and a bed bug crawled across our floor towards us. We killed it and placed it in a sealed bag in the freezer. We had an inspector come yesterday and identify that it is in fact a bed bug. The inspector was unable to find any other bugs. And to my knowledge, my boyfriend or myself have not been bitten (as we both react to bed bug bites). The inspector provided us with a quote to treat our house, and just told us to wait it out to see if we see any other bed bugs.

The same day that we found the bed bug in our home, my boyfriend visited with his family, who we are pretty positive have an infestation. How likely is it that there has only been 1 hitchhiker? If so, is the bug in this picture a male or a female?

https://imgur.com/a/jwXGj5v

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Nov 28 2018 14:54:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Link isn't working for me.

3. ladyoftheleaves

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Nov 28 2018 15:01:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry about that. How about now?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

283,867 posts in 47,243 topics over 145 months by 20,836 of 21,126 members. Latest: pinkfoxes, Tomwilson28, aeb19