Is this a dead bedbug?

(4 posts)
  1. JessicaGio

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue May 9 2017 19:59:58
    #

Login to Send PM

I moved into a condo that had a bad infestation. I didn't realize it then, the damn things started coming out the night we moved in; they came out slowly. That was on a Saturday, on Monday, the exterminator went out, treated the place and treated the mattresses. I moved out two days after that.

We moved back to our old place which was bug free! And I saw a bedbug the following day. 3 days later, I see another one. Today, i saw one near the front door looking dead. I know they're very hard to crush, i tried to crush it but I was grossed out and touched it barely. I then picked it up w/ my finger instead. It was in tact but looking dead.

I sprayed bedbug poison all around the new place before moving back in. I have encased our mattresses, box springs, and pillows. I have heat treated everything that wasn't in boxes. I'm hoping we're covered.

Can you all look at this image and tell me if it is a bed bug that looks like it's been dead a while? Thank you.

http://imgur.com/a/jOlpW

The pic is at the link above.

2. JessicaGio

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue May 9 2017 20:07:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry, treated everything that wasn't in BAGS, not boxes. Typo.

And we don't have a lot of things. Most of our stuff is in storage out of town.

3. misery

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue May 9 2017 20:13:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Definitely check back, give the pros time to see this. I've never seen a bug like that before.

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed May 10 2017 4:57:19
    #

Login to Send PM

This is a shed skin of a nymph, but not bed bug. It's a cydnid bug or burrowing bug, an outdoor species. The shed skins get blown about by wind currents, get stuck on your clothes and come in. The adults are attracted to light and sometimes come inside. Nymphs, of course, could crawl in from outdoors and molt in your home. No reason to worry.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,802 posts in 49,808 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991