Is this a carpet beetle?

(4 posts)
  1. AilishT

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Oct 16 2017 13:55:36
    #

Login to Send PM

My husband has been waking up w small red itchy spots. I have not been affected. We have a new mattress (3 months old) so I was hesitant to think it’s bed bugs. We looked around for bed bug signs and haven’t seen anything. We took all bedding off and washed the sheets, comforter etc. When we went to put them back on, a corner of the fitted sheet was stuck together with what appeared to be a dried up bug of some sort in what appeared to be some sort of cocoon. I could barely sleep last night and after researching things, it sort of looks like a carpet beetle larvae.
    Here are the links to the dried up bug (from the dryer...I’m sure it was alive before).

https://ibb.co/dsix5m
    https://ibb.co/eEHeJ6

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Oct 17 2017 3:47:30
    #

Login to Send PM

links don't work - just get error codes

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Oct 17 2017 4:26:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Not a bed bug. Not sure what else. Seems to bug for a carpet beetle larva. I think it's something from outside and nothing to worry about.

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Oct 17 2017 7:06:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Not a carpet beetle larva. Could be from outdoors as mawiwala said.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,797 posts in 49,805 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991