#

Login to Send PM

2. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Aug 17 2019 19:49:03
    #

Login to Send PM

It‘s a beetle. Looks like a sawtoothed grain beetle.

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Aug 17 2019 21:23:37
    #

Login to Send PM

If you break it down to its parts you can see that the antennae are very different to those of a bed bug, the body shape and length are different and the finer details on its back are also not the same as a bed bug.

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 18 2019 8:04:44
    #

Login to Send PM

It's a large size image but the clarity is lost on zooming in. It looks like a silvanid beetle, but I can't see any teeth on the sides of the pronotum that would suggest sawtoothed grain beetle or merchant grain beetle. It looks nothing like a bed bug as was pointed out above.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  5. Cc8656

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 18 2019 9:26:21
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 1 hour ago  » 
    It's a large size image but the clarity is lost on zooming in. It looks like a silvanid beetle, but I can't see any teeth on the sides of the pronotum that would suggest sawtoothed grain beetle or merchant grain beetle. It looks nothing like a bed bug as was pointed out above.

Ya the inital quality isn't good. You have to give the photo a sec and it will become clear

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 18 2019 14:19:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Cc8656 - 4 hours ago  » 

loubugs - 1 hour ago  » 

Ya the inital quality isn't good. You have to give the photo a sec and it will become clear

I downloaded the large image 2546kb. Zooming in but can't see edge of pronotum. It's blurry. You would have to get closer to beetle to take the picture.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,804 posts in 49,552 topics over 153 months by 21,709 of 22,154 members. Latest: Jcschw, Zirrion, Natureboy325