Is this a Bedbug?

(5 posts)
  1. bedbugsproblem

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Jul 27 2019 19:59:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Have been experiencing itching lately a lot , I saw 2 bugs crawling on my laptop screen and phone screen but no red areas on the bed , are these bed bugs ? should I be worried ?
    https://ibb.co/FxTv7nQ
    https://ibb.co/9hxWxxr

2. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Jul 28 2019 2:38:34
    #

Login to Send PM

It’s a mite and most likely a bird or rodent mite. (Picture is blurry. I recommend to google them) They bite and suck blood, what would explain the itchiness. Do you have birds nesting, pet birds or rodents in the house.? If you don’t know, you should go looking.

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Jul 28 2019 7:57:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Mawiwala - 5 hours ago  » 
    It’s a mite and most likely a bird or rodent mite. (Picture is blurry. I recommend to google them) They bite and suck blood, what would explain the itchiness. Do you have birds nesting, pet birds or rodents in the house.? If you don’t know, you should go looking.

This happens with bird and/or rodent mites in that bed bugs are often thought to be the issue until you find something that is 8-legged and smaller. These will be red when feeding on you until (as happens in bed bugs) digestion takes place.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. bedbugsproblem

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Jul 28 2019 10:33:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Should I be worried about infestation in my home ? do they go away on their own ?

5. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Jul 29 2019 10:19:36
    #

Login to Send PM

First thing is to find the source meaning bird nests, rodents nest etc. and get rid of them. If it is bird mites it is possible, that there were nests and the young have left them. Now the mites are looking for a new blood source, but they don't like humans very much. They tast you but you are not a suitable host to feed on and they can't reproduce with your blood.

Like I said, look for rodents and birds. As long as they are somewhere the mites will stay.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,743 posts in 49,539 topics over 153 months by 21,702 of 22,146 members. Latest: HelpMe342, tristramshandy123, germanhippie