Is this a bed bug shell? ID needed

(4 posts)
  1. ttbb12

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Nov 25 2018 9:18:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Found this in my sheets the other morning. There weren't legs or a body, flipped it over and looks the same on both sides and was really thin like a leaf. Felt like a dried leaf almost so I can't decide if it is a Bed Bug shell?

Any help would be appreciated!

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Nov 26 2018 1:40:57
    #

Login to Send PM

ttbb12 - 16 hours ago  » 
    Found this in my sheets the other morning. There weren't legs or a body, flipped it over and looks the same on both sides and was really thin like a leaf. Felt like a dried leaf almost so I can't decide if it is a Bed Bug shell?

not from bed bug

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. ttbb12

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Nov 27 2018 20:29:54
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 1 day ago  » 

ttbb12 - 16 hours ago  » 

not from bed bug

Thank you so much for responding. My paranoia about these bugs is out of this world. I appreciate you!

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Nov 28 2018 13:41:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Almost identical to this reference image:

bed bugs limited gallery 3 - non bed bug artifacts by David Cain, on Flickr

Which was plant based material.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

283,867 posts in 47,243 topics over 145 months by 20,836 of 21,126 members. Latest: pinkfoxes, Tomwilson28, aeb19