Is this a bed bug or spider beetle?

(8 posts)
  1. anon018

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Sep 2 2018 0:10:50
    #

Login to Send PM

We just moved into our apartment a few months ago and haven’t seen or dealt with any bugs until the other day I was playing with my daughter on the carpet and realized something crawling. I put it on a paper and then squished it. I took a photo before cleaning up, but Now I’m wishing I kept it alive and took it to the apartment office. Tonight I saw another one on the sofa and my fiancé freaked out and killed it so fast I wasn’t even able to see what it was. We Checked the entire sofa and nothing. I’m so confused ! Our bedroom doesn’t have anything and the baby’s crib doesn’t seem to have anything either.

2. anon018

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Sep 2 2018 0:12:16
    #

Login to Send PM

anon018 - 1 minute ago  » 
    We just moved into our apartment a few months ago and haven’t seen or dealt with any bugs until the other day I was playing with my daughter on the carpet and realized something crawling. I put it on a paper and then squished it. I took a photo before cleaning up, but Now I’m wishing I kept it alive and took it to the apartment office. Tonight I saw another one on the sofa and my fiancé freaked out and killed it so fast I wasn’t even able to see what it was. We Checked the entire sofa and nothing. I’m so confused ! Our bedroom doesn’t have anything and the baby’s crib doesn’t seem to have anything either.

3. anon018

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Sep 2 2018 0:21:01
    #

Login to Send PM

http://imgur.com/ZHMHoOt

Sorry not sure how to post on here

4. anon018

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Sep 2 2018 0:36:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Just after posting this, another one on the sofa pillow!

http://imgur.com/TDzLA3Q

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Sep 2 2018 20:17:40
    #

Login to Send PM

anon018 - 20 hours ago  » 

It does look like a bed bug. Use monitors to see if you can capture more and get a better picture.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  6. anon018

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Sep 3 2018 5:13:35
    #

Login to Send PM

We saw another one

http://imgur.com/g01nfXf

And threw the sofa away. The woman from the apartment office said someone will be here Wednesday, but we have a daughter and couldn’t just let the sofa stay

7. Westside777

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Sep 3 2018 5:34:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, it is definitely a damned bed bug. You did the right and most important thing by betting rid of the sofa. Be glad that you found the problem early! If there are any small openings/cracks between a baseboard and the wall, or between the floor and the wall where one or more of those things could fit then it is a good, safe idea to buy a $3 tube of caulk from a hardware store and close them.

8. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Sep 3 2018 7:39:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Westside777 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Yes, it is definitely a damned bed bug. You did the right and most important thing by betting rid of the sofa. Be glad that you found the problem early! If there are any small openings/cracks between a baseboard and the wall, or between the floor and the wall where one or more of those things could fit then it is a good, safe idea to buy a $3 tube of caulk from a hardware store and close them.

You just moved into the apartment. Was it a brand new sofa? No reason to toss furniture because can be treated especially if your sofa wasn't infested from where you were living in the first place.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,816 posts in 49,812 topics over 154 months by 21,801 of 22,267 members. Latest: Purplebrain, MrBedbug, Pioneer47