(6 posts)
  1. HereKittyKitty

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 30 2017 10:08:30
    #

Login to Send PM

http://imgur.com/a/dJI0H

Found 3 of these total so far. None seemed to have any blood in them. This guy was dead.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 30 2017 10:26:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed bug or close relative.

3. HereKittyKitty

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 30 2017 10:40:19
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Bed bug or close relative.

I threw out my mattress, all of my furniture, took my wall plug covers off, vacuumed everything in my room, threw away my rug, steamed/vacuumed all base boards, cleaned curtains (nothing).

There were no traces of them in my wall plugs (except for carpet beetles), no traces under rug, no traces on walls/base boards.

I put some DE all over the baseboards and inside wall plugs. Steamed the carpet again, vacuumed and then put smaller traces of DE again. Then I got some Ortho Home Defense and did base boards again.

I have no furniture in my bedroom anymore. All I have now is my glass desk (the entire thing is made out of glass, even the legs) and my futon. I did all of this cleaning last week. Since then, I believe I have found two tiny unfed nymphs crawling up my futon. So, I cut it open, steamed every crevice, used Cedar oil and DE inside of it and could *not* find anything else. I already have insomnia and I can't for the life of me fall asleep on my futon now. I steamed it again yesterday and I plan on steaming it again this afternoon. My parents have also taken precaution and have treated their room as such like mine. Encasement and what not. I have no idea where they're coming from. Before I threw my mattress out it had an encasement as well, and no traces of fecal matter on it anywhere, or eggs. The frame had 3 adults on it before throwing it out. Which is what I posted a picture of. We just can't afford a PCO to visit us.

I have been using Ortho Home Defense (not smothering anything with it) as well as Hot Shot BB killer, tape on futon legs, cedar oil, DE, steaming, and religious vacuuming.

The only place left in my bedroom is my closet, which has a coat of DE and Home defense in front and around the door frame. I have found two dead bed bugs in my lunch box. No idea what to do now, honestly. I am thinking of ripping my carpet up and placing hardwood if I need to. (I can get it for under $200 in my room) my futon is currently 8 feet or more away from my closet doors.

Where do I go now? It is killing me productive wise at work and school and sleep is needed. I already have insomnia.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 30 2017 10:45:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

You need to place it on a scanner or take a close up image of the head area to confirm the species. There is also a diagnosis key on the site below:

http://www.batbugs.com

The treatment methods for bed and bat bugs are different and the lack of signs in the home could indicate them, or a recent introduction. In the case of the later the issue becomes how to stop introducing them rather than getting better at killing them.

I would also recommend reading the FAQs and useful tools to get a better understanding of what treatments work. While cedar oil products work as contact killers so do many other things and it's not about dousing your home.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  5. HereKittyKitty

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 30 2017 10:56:47
    #

Login to Send PM

We have seen a few bats in our attic every now and then, and since it's getting cooler at night we haven't seen many more. If I get another chance to find another bug I will scan it with my scanner and post a picture.

Like I was saying though, no fecal matter, no eggs, no blood stains. (I have been diagnosed with OCD and my ticks are to clean in an unrealistic manner) and so there are no evidence that we are infested (or at least, infested beyond our control) and my mother is also as vigilant as me.

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 30 2017 13:41:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Take pictures but without the plastic bag.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,404 posts in 50,189 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams