Is this a bed bug cast?

(4 posts)
  1. chicago1994

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Aug 9 2018 11:26:59
    #

Login to Send PM

We had a recent bed bug scare in my building, and I'm supposed to move out this weekend. I've been going through each of my books that were on a bookcase in the bedroom as I pack them. This morning, I found this (link to image below) in one of my books. It's very flattened, so it's hard to tell what it is. I go back and forth thinking it looks like a bed bug cast. Do you think this looks like a bed bug cast?

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gurmRhlQ_lSQWU7CTSH384QZzbwMOpNd/view?usp=sharing

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Aug 9 2018 12:40:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Not at all like a cast bed bug skin.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Aug 14 2018 0:03:35
    #

Login to Send PM

If you’re moving and don’t have a confirmed case of bed bugs *in your apartment*, I would not assume you had them. I’ve lived in buildings that had multiple cases and didn’t get them again (even with discarded mattresses leaning against the other side of the wall).

I don’t know if you’ve had any evidence confirmed, maybe you have, but if not, don’t assume they got to you. You’re at the most risk if there’s an established case in an attached unit. The risk gets higher if they have them longer or move out.

I hope that helps!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. chicago1994

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Aug 14 2018 8:23:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi nobugs, thanks for your reply. Here's a link to a recent post that describes my bed bug situation.

https://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/looking-for-opinions

I can't remember if I mentioned this, but I did have an exterminator come and inspect my apartment 2 weeks after the perimeter spray and he said he saw no evidence of anything. However, when the exterminators did the treatment, apparently they found a few bugs down the hall (but the maintenance guy in my building is kind of not being totally upfront about it all).

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

282,362 posts in 46,986 topics over 143 months by 20,736 of 21,010 members. Latest: Chumchum871, concernedmom, Bedbugs_PTSD