Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Is this a bed bug bite?

(3 posts)
  1. ScaredMomma

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Aug 31 2012 21:14:14
    #

Login to Send PM

My husband and I spent a week at Captiva Island, Florida. We also spent one night in a hotel in Florida before arriving at Captiva. A few days after our arrival I started to have bites all over me. Some were random, some are 2 in a row....NEVER 3....always 2 or a few around each other. No one else in my family of 5 has shown any bites. I've contacted the resort and they suggested it was No See Ums.

When we got home I was so obsessed with these bug bites I'm not losing sleep and paranoid over it. I keep checking our bed, mattress, everything. I've washed and heated all our bedding items, clothes from our trip, etc. I put clean WHITE sheets on the bed and this morning woke to find a small reddish mark on the bed. It looks like a small blood mark, but my husband was sleeping there and he doesn't have any spots where he might have bled....I'm thinking it was fecal matter. I bought a kit online to test it.

I haven't noticed any more new bites...maybe a few small ones, but nothing like I had before.

Does this look like bed bug bites...???

photo

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Sep 1 2012 15:29:31
    #

Login to Send PM

It could be but it could be other things as well. You can't diagnose bed bugs based on skin reactions. Please read the FAQs starting with the first four on this page (ie Bed bugs 101).

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. bittenbitter

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Oct 2 2012 1:50:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Wow... Those would be pretty severe bed bug bites! Have you been scratching them? It looks like you can see the point of penetration also, which I hear is pretty unusual for bed bug bites.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,655 posts in 49,519 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982