Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Is this a bed bug and bites? [a: not bed bug; clearer image needed to ID insect]

(3 posts)
  1. colombina

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Oct 16 2016 20:40:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry for the blurry pic. I also squashed the bug (my hand was shaking!) but I think it may have been a 4th instar male.

It was alive and walking slowly on a small piece of paper (at around 4 pm). At first I thought it might be a spider because the legs seemed long and the color was a dull brown with no spotting, but I'm pretty sure I saw striations and the eyes and shape look familiar. (Just never saw one this small in real life.)

Please tell me I'm wrong.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/10528319@N06/shares/65p1c4

https://www.flickr.com/photos/10528319@N06/shares/3F5u1T

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Oct 16 2016 23:52:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobody can tell you what the skin reaction is from. Need a better focused picture to ID bugs.

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Oct 17 2016 12:55:14
    #

Login to Send PM

colombina - 16 hours ago  » 
    Sorry for the blurry pic. I also squashed the bug (my hand was shaking!) but I think it may have been a 4th instar male.
    It was alive and walking slowly on a small piece of paper (at around 4 pm). At first I thought it might be a spider because the legs seemed long and the color was a dull brown with no spotting, but I'm pretty sure I saw striations and the eyes and shape look familiar. (Just never saw one this small in real life.)
    Please tell me I'm wrong.

You're wrong. Image of insect very blurry, but legs too thin. I think it's a species of aphid if I had to ID it at all. A clear picture will help.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,818 posts in 49,813 topics over 154 months by 21,802 of 22,268 members. Latest: MrBedbug, Pioneer47, laurabedbugs