Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Is this a bed bug and best early detection device?

(3 posts)
  1. cbb1727

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Oct 7 2018 1:19:18
    #

Login to Send PM

There is a good chance we have bed bugs. A relative who spends a lot of time at our house recently told us they unfortunately discovered a bedbug infestation. I’ve found a few of these little guys and am worried they’re nymphs (or bugs). http://imgur.com/KKuFbcG

I’ve also found a few, random, little bites on my toddler, which adds to my worries. (These bites are small red bumps that stay for days, whereas mosquitos usually swell and go down within a day.)

We did have a K9 team inspect our house a few days ago and they said the dog shows some possible old bedbug activity in our guest room (where relative slept) but did not alert. This is reassuring, but I have a hard time 110% trusting the dog. What if he missed one and we find ourselves infested in a few weeks.

We’ve encased our mattresses. Tossed the guest room mattress (prior to k9 inspection). And plan on steam cleaning the carpets and running over all the baseboards with alcohol. Any other recommendations? Also, what is the best detection device? If we have bugs, I want to catch them before we’re infested! My relative realized she did not react to bites so she was clueless until it was too late. She believes she brought them back from a hotel stay weeks ago.
    Thank you!!

2. cbb1727

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Oct 7 2018 4:05:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Also just caught this one on my kids baseboard by the bed. Can anyone please tell me it’s just a carpet beetle?
    http://imgur.com/WlxUUuR
    http://imgur.com/2APzvSz

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Oct 7 2018 7:58:31
    #

Login to Send PM

cbb1727 - 6 hours ago  » 
    There is a good chance we have bed bugs. A relative who spends a lot of time at our house recently told us they unfortunately discovered a bedbug infestation. I’ve found a few of these little guys and am worried they’re nymphs (or bugs).
    I’ve also found a few, random, little bites on my toddler, which adds to my worries. (These bites are small red bumps that stay for days, whereas mosquitos usually swell and go down within a day.)
    We did have a K9 team inspect our house a few days ago and they said the dog shows some possible old bedbug activity in our guest room (where relative slept) but did not alert. This is reassuring, but I have a hard time 110% trusting the dog. What if he missed one and we find ourselves infested in a few weeks.
    We’ve encased our mattresses. Tossed the guest room mattress (prior to k9 inspection). And plan on steam cleaning the carpets and running over all the baseboards with alcohol. Any other recommendations? Also, what is the best detection device? If we have bugs, I want to catch them before we’re infested! My relative realized she did not react to bites so she was clueless until it was too late. She believes she brought them back from a hotel stay weeks ago.
    Thank you!!
    Also just caught this one on my kids baseboard by the bed. Can anyone please tell me it’s just a carpet beetle?

Booklouse and beetles, not carpet beetles. Could be moisture-related beetles such as certain fungus beetles. Glueboards of various types and climb up style monitors.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

282,517 posts in 47,005 topics over 143 months by 20,745 of 21,020 members. Latest: bedbugnitemare, C333, creepycrawlers