(5 posts)
  1. 3ntr0py

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Jan 30 2012 13:04:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Possible Bed Bug http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g27/nosaj7/IMG_5222.png

We live in Texas and I found it crawling on the wall. Its daytime. Its between 3-5 mm, small.

2. EffeCi

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Jan 30 2012 13:58:23
    #

Login to Send PM

In my opinion it's a bean beetle (family Bruchidae)

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Jan 30 2012 14:02:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I will go with EffeCi as he is rarely wrong but its 100% not bedbug.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Jan 30 2012 16:04:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, a beetle, not a bed bug. Actually, EffeCi, does look like a seed beetle (sometimes called seed weevil, although not a true weevil), historically placed in family Bruchidae. Now these beetles are classified in the subfamily Bruchinae in the family Chrysomelidae, the leaf beetles. Not sure of its size in the picture, but at least it's not a bed bug.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  5. EffeCi

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Jan 30 2012 16:12:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Now these beetles are classified in the subfamily Bruchinae

Thanks for the upgrade, Lou, I think I've lost this taxonomy change...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,404 posts in 50,189 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams