Is this a BED BUG?!

(8 posts)
  1. bun15

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Nov 9 2011 12:12:33
    #

Login to Send PM

FREAKING the hell out...is this a bed bug??? Found 4 of them in kitchen this morning by husband's suitcase! I smooshed them as I killed them BTW so I don't know if that affects it's appearance too much. 3 links included.

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g323/bun151/IMG_2061.jpg

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g323/bun151/IMG_2062.jpg

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g323/bun151/IMG_2063.jpg

2. jrbtnyc

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Nov 9 2011 12:22:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Non-expert but have looked at a fair number of bed bugs and that ain't one.

Appears to be an isopod = "pill bug" or "sow bug", or similar.

Alternative slight possibility it's some stage of cockroach since there are the two little tail structures = "cerci"?

(In any future photos include a ruler or coin for size comparison - or even just your fingertip is helpful.)

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Nov 9 2011 12:26:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It is an isopod or pill millipede.

100% not bedbug and 100% not roach.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. EffeCi

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Nov 9 2011 13:45:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Isopod

5. bun15

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Nov 9 2011 18:21:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the quick responses. It's the size of an apple seed (like a bed bug) and has a flat body. It actually didn't have the two leg looking things off the end until I squished it. Does any type of bed bug even closely resemble this thing I found? The black stripe on the back is what's throwing me off.

I'm obsessed over this and just wanting to make sure there's no way these are demonic bed bugs.

6. Louise

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Nov 9 2011 22:02:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Not an expert, but that is definitely a wood louse/isopod, not a bed bug.

That said, my opinion as a non-expert is nothing compared to two of the experts who have responded. If EffeCi and David Cain (bed-bugscouk) say it's not a bed bug, you can count on it NOT being a bed bug, because they encounter hundreds of them every...month?...week?...day?

They know what bed bugs look like. And they know what a whole lot of other bugs (and bug-like creatures) look like, too. If they say this is not a bed bug, you can take that to the bank and cash it.

There is no way that these are demonic bed bugs...or even angelic bed bugs...or anything in between.

7. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Nov 9 2011 22:06:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Ditto what Louise said. You have two super expert opinions.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  8. bun15

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Nov 10 2011 14:28:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Awesome thanks everyone! I didn't know EffeCi and bed-bugscouk were pros that definately makes me feel better Thanks again!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,240 posts in 50,145 topics over 155 months by 21,921 of 22,417 members. Latest: plsnopls, Ldrago, frustrated1970