(9 posts)
  1. Camax

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Feb 8 2019 11:04:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,
    Sorry for bothering you guys but we are starting to freak out with my wife. We are traveling for 3 months and don't want to risk bringing unwanted guests with us the whole way. We are Currently in India (Goa).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_JREsbFKScR_a6CBzcOje1g7YB-g4_Y6/view?usp=drivesdk

I found a dead bed bug in our previous room (that time I was pretty positive but like an idiot I disposed of it immediately). So we took all the necessary precaution packing our clothes, going through the drier etc, and asked to switch rooms. Tonight we found this little guy in the bathroom. I really "hope" it's some kind of baby cockroach...

Edit: I hope the picture is showing for you guys, I have trouble with the wifi...

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Feb 8 2019 11:18:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Yep, you're okay, nothing bed bug related.

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Feb 8 2019 11:19:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

100% not bedbug, most likely a roach.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Feb 8 2019 13:12:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, that's a cockroach nymph.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  5. Camax

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Feb 8 2019 19:40:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks everyone! Really relieved

6. Camax

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Feb 10 2019 2:49:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi again,

I went back twice to our old room to clear our stuff, sort between what was packed safe and what needed to go through the dryer. I checked the bed and found bugs both times, I took pictures even though it's so small that it may be hard to ID, but if you can take a look just in case…

First visit (one night): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1noz7LFidzkqNaXfDkEGaqzL0GzZKIJ2h

Second visit (the following morning): https://drive.google.com/open?id=113gbH2Ht55LvgI-UlNEV0BFwq9D_na8a

These do look like bed bug nymph to me… (which would make sense since I spotted an adult one).

Thanks again!

7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Feb 10 2019 7:59:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Roach again.

Please look at the example images and once you compare the fine details it obvious these are not bedbug.

David

8. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Feb 10 2019 8:34:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Cockroaches have very long, multi-segmented antennae and 2 finger-like projections (cerci) at the rear. Those items usually are obvious and help you to ID.

9. Camax

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Feb 10 2019 9:23:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, I had noticed those indeed, but didn't trust myself.

(To clarify, for the one bug that started our freaking out, I had checked many comparison pictures and it was a 100% match, and matched none of the usual mistakable suspects, so now I'm getting a bit paranoid.)

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

287,541 posts in 47,911 topics over 148 months by 21,107 of 21,446 members. Latest: nyc-bedbugs, needhelp1111, urka1234