Is this a bed bug?

(5 posts)
  1. Smlbig

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun Feb 3 2019 22:46:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Found this on my bathroom floor after watching my neighbors kids. So scared they have brought bed bugs here. Had an exterminator look at it and they think it's too big for a bed bug but what else could it be?? About the size of a large rick/ladybug. We want to sell our house this spring! Do we have to treat for bed bugs?!

2. Smlbig

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun Feb 3 2019 22:48:01
    #

Login to Send PM

http://imgur.com/gallery/319YTxj

Can't get the pic to show

3. SalsaVince

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun Feb 3 2019 23:06:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Almost looks like one without a head. Can you put a coin or something else in the picture to give prospective for the experts? The size seems like it could potentially be that of an adult but it's hard to tell in that picture.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince
  4. Smlbig

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun Feb 3 2019 23:20:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Ugh, I can't. The exterminator took it with him to confer with his colleagues. They decided it wasn't because it was too big but couldn't ID it as anything else.

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Feb 4 2019 7:14:47
    #

Login to Send PM

SalsaVince - 8 hours ago  » 
    Almost looks like one without a head. Can you put a coin or something else in the picture to give prospective for the experts? The size seems like it could potentially be that of an adult but it's hard to tell in that picture.

Just a rear section, but might not be a bed bug. Not really focused. Would need a dorsal and ventral views to be sure. Could be ladybird beetle related. Hope the PMP can bring it back for pictures.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

285,399 posts in 47,493 topics over 146 months by 20,948 of 21,258 members. Latest: Nwkent25@gmail.com, Camilleparker, lamachina