(6 posts)
  1. Nizoo

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Tue Apr 10 2018 17:30:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello everyone!

Looks like I need some help here! I read a lot online and I keep getting different answers on Google :/

Some say bedbugs can be black, others say it's only black right after feeding, and some say it's always brownish color.. could you please tell me what this is :/ and yes when squished it was left a bloody red color.. I am not sure if I have any bite marks

2. LittleRin

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Tue Apr 10 2018 18:53:05
    #

Login to Send PM

I am not an expert by any means, but the antennae shape is very familiar. If you found this in your bedroom, I would inspect your mattress seams, your box spring, and your bed frame. Not everyone reacts to bed bug bites.

Also, some pest inspectors will do a free examination of your bedroom to check for bed bugs and will not charge you if they do not find anything. If you go for this route, make sure they actually show you what they find.

3. Nizoo

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Tue Apr 10 2018 18:54:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you, I am in a hotel/motel so I am not worried about that!

I think I will just make sure I wash all my cloths, even clean ones when I get back home!!!

Thank you!

4. LittleRin

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Tue Apr 10 2018 19:01:59
    #

Login to Send PM

I would ask for a different room.

Wash everything with hot water and hot dryer. Be *VERY* careful with your luggage. If you get 91% rubbing alcohol, you can spray down your luggage inside and out to kill bed bugs and their eggs - but it is a contact killer only and will not kill anything that is not directly sprayed.

Also the alcohol is highly flammable, so you will need to be careful.

5. Nizoo

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Tue Apr 10 2018 19:11:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for the information, don't think that's a viable option, they are fully booked, but I will try :/

Thank you for the suggestions, I will make sure I clean everything up

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 8 months ago
    Wed Apr 11 2018 7:10:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Nizoo - 13 hours ago  » 
    Hello everyone!
    Looks like I need some help here! I read a lot online and I keep getting different answers on Google :/
    Some say bedbugs can be black, others say it's only black right after feeding, and some say it's always brownish color.. could you please tell me what this is :/ and yes when squished it was left a bloody red color.. I am not sure if I have any bite marks
    Thank you, I am in a hotel/motel so I am not worried about that!
    I think I will just make sure I wash all my cloths, even clean ones when I get back home!!!
    Thank you!
    Thank you for the information, don't think that's a viable option, they are fully booked, but I will try :/
    Thank you for the suggestions, I will make sure I clean everything up

Looks like a well fed bed bug nymph. You might not react to bites or the bug already fed on the previous guest. Hotel should bring in pest control. Too bad you took a close-up picture of the tissue, but not of the bugs.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

282,316 posts in 46,977 topics over 143 months by 20,731 of 21,005 members. Latest: Lukelucky, motherbuggedfather, anxiouscat