• (no related topics found)

Tags:

1. Gahhh

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Apr 12 2015 1:33:55
    #

Login to Send PM

I had a PCO inspect, and he said there were no bed bugs. I recently moved in with a friend and came from an apartment with bedbugs. I was very careful about placing items in large Ziploc bags and air-tight and water-tight containers, so as not to bring them with me. Anyway, I saw what looked like bites a few times, and my friend may also have been bitten.

Anyway, the PCO, who is from a highly reputable company and seemed to be on the ball, was here about 11.5 hours ago. However, about a half-hour ago, I found this bug crawling up the tub. I put it in a plastic container, and it was able to crawl up the container. I put a lid on it so it can't get out, so it can be identified by those more knowledgeable than me.

Thank you!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  2. Gahhh

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Apr 12 2015 1:36:13
    #

Login to Send PM

3. Gahhh

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Apr 12 2015 2:14:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I meant to say here it is.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Apr 12 2015 6:12:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

100% not bedbugs it's a beetle larva.

If you look at the example images in the FAQ section the differences will be clear.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  5. Gahhh

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Apr 12 2015 10:16:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, bed-bugscouk! I will take a look at the example images.

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Apr 13 2015 12:53:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I think it looks more like a very young cockroach nymph. German cockroach nymph. The body happens to be extended.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  7. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Apr 13 2015 13:11:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Confirming cockroach nymph

8. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Apr 13 2015 15:07:19
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 2 hours ago  » 

I think it looks more like a very young cockroach nymph. German cockroach nymph. The body happens to be extended.

Thanks Lou, I was looking on the small screen, its clearer on the bigger one.

David

9. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Apr 13 2015 19:03:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Two longitudinal dark parallel lines on the pronotum + Presence of tiny, little upward projecting cerci at tip of abdomen = Immature German cockroach pretty much every time.

pjb

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,399 posts in 50,188 topics over 156 months by 21,933 of 22,434 members. Latest: Kimmmie46, esedndwi, Help123