Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

Is There A Company Anywhere That Uses Vacuum Equipment?

(7 posts)
  1. CarpathianPeasant

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 23 2010 10:54:03
    #

Login to Send PM

It's to the point in my area that landlords go into a near "third degree" questions session about what kind of carpet sweeper oop! pardon me "vacuum" people have before they rent a place to prospective tenants.

If "VAC...uuuuming" is such a great solution to the matter of bed bugs, it would seem to me that it would be top equipment in the arsenal of any competent pest control company and maintenance department, that is, if they really proposed to de-bug a place. It isn't.

Is there anyone at all anywhere who has seen a pest control company haul in professional vacuums?

2. CarpathianPeasant

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 24 2010 15:25:20
    #

Login to Send PM

I gather no one visiting has really been hit with the carpet sweeper principle.

3. LVK9

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 24 2010 16:08:27
    #

Login to Send PM

CarpathianPeasant, I don't know what other companies are using but we use Pro-Team backpack vacuums.

4. nwreader

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 24 2010 17:59:26
    #

Login to Send PM

I've been reading around at bedbugcentral.com and Jeff White seems to advocate vaccuming and encasement over using pesticide on mattresses. Not that vacuuming will take care of the problem altogether, but that it can be an important piece.

5. ChicagoBedBugExperts

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 24 2010 23:17:16
    #

Login to Send PM

We use vacuum on all service calls. During inspection we use the vacuum to rid any signs of bed bugs or exoskeletons from the infested area.
    Extra precautions need to be taken when using a vacuum cleaner for bed bugs.. After each use we spray in the vacuum nozzle pesticide and plug the nozzle. We discard the bag from vacuum outdoors by placing in a bag and sealing it.

6. CarpathianPeasant

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 25 2010 18:19:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the replies. It's good to know some companies do use professional vacuum equipment. It's especially good to know one is as close as Chicago (good town for reference point).

One former landlord got rid of two pest control companies and set maintenance to spray around stuff. The companies apparently were only hired for roaches and ants and probably had a higher price if they were going to tackle bed bugs. He pulled a bunch of stuff off the internet (PDF files look responsible), said the residents were to do things like vacuum and maintenance would spray. Some of the residents were disabled people.

Even if a household vacuum cleaner were designed to catch bugs, since bed bugs are night creatures someone running around with a carpet sweeper after breakfast doesn't really address the problem.

7. CarpathianPeasant

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 30 2010 16:21:14
    #

Login to Send PM

FYI Note:

I, personally, have now passed on the fact noted here to two people in small local government offices that have dealings with people beset with the plague.

It is important in my area, and if anyone had additional information, please post it.

Thanks.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,817 posts in 49,813 topics over 154 months by 21,802 of 22,268 members. Latest: MrBedbug, Pioneer47, laurabedbugs