Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

Is our exterminator doing his best or lying?

(4 posts)
  1. thisisanightmare

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Feb 25 2016 14:39:35
    #

Login to Send PM

We got our last treatment Monday. (Second round of treatments after first attempt didn't work) in 30 days they are doing another inspection with Canines. I asked if they are thoroughly treating surrounding units (we never had a BB issue until we moved into this apt) and he said these exact words "your neighbors do get treated, but they don't have the same preparation. We spray their apartments as well but they don't have to take it to the extent of cleaning and moving everything into the center of the room" Aren't they suppose to do the same to all surrounding units?! He also said there is no specific "hot spot" that the BB are hiding. I just feel like this may not be the end of our battle. He said we are clear to move everything back but I don't know if I want to.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Feb 25 2016 14:46:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Every situation is different. I just did a treatment in an apartment this morning and feel as though treating the single unit will get rid of all bed bugs.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  3. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Feb 25 2016 14:52:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Sometimes a bedbug treatment is a one shot deal. Maybe you can find out if the adjacent units have had any previous issues or not prior to your occupancy of the apartment.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  4. thisisanightmare

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Feb 25 2016 15:01:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you both for your quick replies! We haven't had any bites but we didn't when we had the first round of treatments either until the second night sleeping in our own bed and we were shocked. We haven't found any live or dead or even fecal. He said it was a very light infestation. I guess it's just me not trusting them. I went down to the office to ask if there have been issues before and I was basically told it's none of my business and that's personal information although I'm a paying tenant. I hope this is our last go around with these blood suckers because we love our apartment and don't want to move.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

274,686 posts in 45,068 topics over 137 months by 19,788 of 20,523 members. Latest: Starsky30, Sayitaintso99, bid