Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tales of Bed Bug Woe

Is my chemical treatment failing????

(6 posts)
  1. Myworstnightmare

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Sep 7 2017 19:09:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I had my first treatment 5 weeks ago and my third a week ago and I'm still getting bit every few nights. Will this ever end? My pco isn't scheduled to come back until the end of the month. He did the first three treatments two weeks apart but said the residual lasts 30 days so that is when he would come for a 4th treatment.

My infestation was mild and limited to my daughters room. During this process I have seen four nymphs. Three before treatment started and one well fed one just last week after the third. My pco is confident the process is working that it just takes time. But I lack his confidence. I've been Sleeping in the bug bed to spare my daughter and am so very tired. Tired of not being able to sleep and tired of waking up from the sleep I do get with new bites.

I want to heat treat the room. My pco recommends waiting a couple of more weeks and then if the problem isn't resolved we can discuss it then. I wish I had gone that route from the beginning because this process is just too hard. He didn't even discuss heat treatment with me when he came out (but his company does do it) because he said I didn't need it. If I had known how drawn out chemical treatment would be I would have gone for heat.

I would not wish this problem on anyone.

2. stylinmama21

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Sep 7 2017 21:33:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I have no helpful advice as I'm only one chemical treatment in to my first bedbug experience. But I can tell you this, I will be demanding a third treatment. And that one will be a heat treatment. I can't even manage to get the damn laundry done before the first and second treatment. Lol. By the he time they do the heat treatment, MAYBE my laundry will be done. Maybe. Lol.

3. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Sep 7 2017 21:41:21
    #

Login to Send PM

stylinmama21 - 6 minutes ago  » 
    . By the he time they do the heat treatment, MAYBE my laundry will be done. Maybe. Lol.

Plus side? Seasons are changing... some of that can be tossed in some garbage bags and left in the snow for a while! Just don't forget it hasn't been dried yet!!

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  4. stylinmama21

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Sep 7 2017 22:05:38
    #

Login to Send PM

The seasons are changing! To winter. So more laundry. Bahahaha.

But that's an interesting thing you bring up. Leaving things out in the snow. It gets down to colder than -40 here. You think that would do it?? 😂

5. bedbugsbugme

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 6:47:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Putting it out in the cold will be as effective as putting it out in your hot car. The core temperature will not reach lethal temperature. Buildings have been left open all winter with very cold temps and the bugs survive. They will crawl and burrow into warmer (or cooler) areas in order to survive.

I'm not an expert. Just sharing what I learned from my experience.
  6. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 10:45:39
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't mean toss it in the snow to kill it... but we know we don't need bathing suits and tank tops in December... so why even have it in the house?? Make sure they're labeled 'untreated' and toss 'em out! When the snow starts to melt, and the bags are visible again, bring them in one by one to heat treat in the dryer. Might the cold kill some? Maybe. But don't rely on it as an only source.

I do hope you can catch up on the laundry- that was my one shining bright light of bed bugs... I got all caught up on a family of 5's laundry, and got rid of so much clutter. It was positively amazing!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,692 posts in 50,016 topics over 155 months by 21,870 of 22,352 members. Latest: paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me, mrdinosaur