Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Is it true that that bat bugs cannot reproduce in the absence of bats?

(6 posts)
  1. mcsmcs

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Jul 3 2018 21:34:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I read this on Terminix.

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Jul 4 2018 9:15:21
    #

Login to Send PM

That's what is understood to be true. You posted your question 3 times.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. mcsmcs

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Jul 6 2018 11:14:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Just saw the three times now. That was not intentional perhaps loaded wrong. My roommate gave the bug we have to the Exterminator and I don't have a picture but local entomologist did confirm it as bat bugs and I have had bat bugs here in the past. We also have bats. Or at least we used to have bat we haven't heard scratching as much lately.

Our landlords will try to cut Corners, they are dragging their feet on doing anything, so I'm trying to figure out what they should be doing so I can push them to do it. Obviously get rid of the bats but should the apartment be treated as well? We are on the 3rd floor and have confirmed bat bugs in the apartment as well as bites. Also not sure whether to packtite stuff

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Jul 7 2018 10:57:15
    #

Login to Send PM

mcsmcs - 23 hours ago  » 
    Just saw the three times now. That was not intentional perhaps loaded wrong. My roommate gave the bug we have to the Exterminator and I don't have a picture but local entomologist did confirm it as bat bugs and I have had bat bugs here in the past. We also have bats. Or at least we used to have bat we haven't heard scratching as much lately.
    Our landlords will try to cut Corners, they are dragging their feet on doing anything, so I'm trying to figure out what they should be doing so I can push them to do it. Obviously get rid of the bats but should the apartment be treated as well? We are on the 3rd floor and have confirmed bat bugs in the apartment as well as bites. Also not sure whether to packtite stuff

I'd be interested in any bug samples to review. Since bat bugs, must do something about bats (their hosts). There are regulations on bat control and any wildlife pest manager would be following these. Local room treatment and vacuuming should work after the regular bat bug population is dealt with properly.

5. mcsmcs

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Jul 8 2018 12:12:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Roommate gave the sample she had to the Exterminator who took it with him to look under a microscope. If I find another sample would happily send it because I'm still kind of worried it's bed bugs and not bat bugs. However, we did have bat bugs before (many years you identified it for me and unfortunately I was way too young to understand I should push the landlords to treat) and there are bats so it could well be bat bugs.

6. mcsmcs

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Jul 8 2018 12:13:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Exterminator also spoke with an entomologist and he seem to be saying things that were consistent with what you guys say around bat bugs versus bed bugs so perhaps it really is. Unfortunately it seems you can't legally evict bats in till August

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

276,179 posts in 45,459 topics over 138 months by 19,974 of 20,737 members. Latest: ihatebugsugh, Ladybeetle, bedBugsareSatanic