Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

Is it safe to sleep in room or will the chemicals make me sick?

(6 posts)
  1. liz1998

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Dec 10 2016 4:06:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello everyone I have a multitude of questions. So my room was chemically treated by a professional on December 8. He didn't say anything about having to air out the room or open a window or anything he just said whenever the chemicals dry (which would take a few hours) I could sleep in my room. Well it has now been over 24 hours and I still haven't been into my room. The ceiling fan has been on the fastest setting and the door open all the way. When I walked down the hallway and stood just outside the doorway I could still smell the chemicals not as strongly but I still smell it. I'm really getting paranoid about the chemicals. Is it safe to be in a room that's been chemically treated? I don't want to get sick or have anything worse happen from inhaling, touching, or being surrounded by the chemicals. When will it be safe to be in my room again? Also I left my deodorant, face cream and hair brushes in a basket out in the open on my dresser, is it even safe to use these now or is it possible the chemicals could have gotten in my stuff? As for my makeup its in Ziploc bags inside of a small plastic container with drawers but the container is out in the open. I just feel like I cant even go in my room like it's a nuclear radiation zone now or something. I seriously just want to throw all my cosmetics and toiletries away. I'm started to get seriously depressed and stressed out I have so many questions I don't know what's safe anymore.

2. cantcallit2016

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Dec 10 2016 21:08:57
    #

Login to Send PM

From personal experience have been treated several times and never had NP with chemical's bothering me just make sure the smell is aired out good be fine

3. cantcallit2016

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Dec 10 2016 21:11:59
    #

Login to Send PM

I would air it out until u do you are going too smell that have left my brushes and stuff out as well just wash it off real good what worked for me anyway

4. liz1998

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Dec 10 2016 22:23:20
    #

Login to Send PM

cantcallit2016 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I would air it out until u do you are going too smell that have left my brushes and stuff out as well just wash it off real good what worked for me anyway

Thank you, I feel a bit better now. As for the makeup, face cream, and deodorant, do you think I should throw those out? I mean I had some saran wrap over some stuff but idk if the guy sprayed inside the basket where my stuff was

5. cantcallit2016

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Dec 10 2016 22:59:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I know were your coming from i first few times put all my underarm deodorant colognes everything in bags last time pco told me it would be OK all your stuff was still closed up what I did was wash the outsides off real good with warm paper towel and just soaked my brush in hot water over night trust me have been around enough pco sprays in the last year would recommend that and if you want those fumes gone going too have too air the room out for at least couple hours

6. liz1998

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Dec 10 2016 23:40:00
    #

Login to Send PM

cantcallit2016 - 37 minutes ago  » 
    I know were your coming from i first few times put all my underarm deodorant colognes everything in bags last time pco told me it would be OK all your stuff was still closed up what I did was wash the outsides off real good with warm paper towel and just soaked my brush in hot water over night trust me have been around enough pco sprays in the last year would recommend that and if you want those fumes gone going too have too air the room out for at least couple hours

Alrighty, thanks for the advice! I'll go ahead and soak my brushes then and clean off my deodorant with a Clorox wipe as well as clean it with hot soapy water. It's almost been 3 days and i can still smell the chemicals so I think after another week the smell should be gone hopefully

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,776 posts in 49,800 topics over 154 months by 21,797 of 22,262 members. Latest: Laura07, n4mn3p, ireallydontwantbedbugs