Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Is it possible to not show bites, then suddenly start showing them years later?

(5 posts)
  1. MrParanoid

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Feb 8 2016 12:14:07
    #

Login to Send PM

So I had bedbugs about three years ago, and didn't show a single bite. My PCO explained that some people weren't allergic, and showed no bites at all. Had a bit of a bedbug scare recently, but our PCO cleared us. Then, this morning, I woke up with about 7-8 bites on my ankle, all really close to each other. Naturally, this freaked me out a bit. But I'm also sort of confused. If I didn't show bites three years ago during an infestation, would I suddenly start being allergic/susceptible to bites now? Or could these be from something else?

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Feb 8 2016 17:01:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Ankle bites... Any possibility of mosquitos, sand flies, sand fleas, chiggers or fleas?

3. MrParanoid

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Feb 8 2016 17:22:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I live in NYC, so I'm not sure how prevalent those are, so I can't say if there's any possibility there. They honestly look and feel like mosquito bites to me, only there are several of them, all bunched up, which is what made me think bedbugs might be the culprit. But the location on my body does seem a bit weird for bedbugs, right? There's a line of three bites on my Achilles' tendon, and the rest are on my ankle itself.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Feb 10 2016 9:36:49
    #

Login to Send PM

The amount and location makes me think the culprit isn't a bed bug.

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Feb 11 2016 0:58:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Bites on the feet and ankles are commonly flea bites. You need not have pets for this to happen. We have a DIY flea trap plan in our FAQ on fleas.

It is possible to react to bed bug bites now even if you did not years ago, but I suspect there's another cause.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,818 posts in 49,813 topics over 154 months by 21,802 of 22,268 members. Latest: MrBedbug, Pioneer47, laurabedbugs