Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Is it possible this is an egg or is it nothing? (ID)

(5 posts)
  1. fodufafa

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Aug 21 2019 22:16:00
    #

Login to Send PM

http://www.imgur.com/a/jUoe3Pg

Sorry if the picture isn't clear enough to even tell. I tried to get multiple pictures on different backgrounds, but my phone's camera isn't great for small things and the lighting in here is terrible. The shape is obviously weird, but I had been handling it. It was pretty malleable, don't know if that's true of eggs.

2. fodufafa

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Aug 21 2019 22:35:57
    #

Login to Send PM

If not, would anyone know what kind of bug this is: http://www.imgur.com/a/piumBTa

I found a number of those while cleaning under my bed looking for any signs of bed bugs(I know these aren't them). I also found these: http://www.imgur.com/a/iUD2y7j

Just trying to find the source of these clusters of bite-like reactions I've been having. So far no damning evidence of bed bugs- did find a black speck on my mattress. When I wet it it left a slight maybe rust colored spot under it? Could have been fecal matter, also could have been dirt idk.

3. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Aug 21 2019 23:49:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Not a bed bug egg.

First bug pic is a spider beetle.

Second pic is beetle larva.

Can’t guess on the stain - could be anything. Post a picture of that

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Aug 22 2019 13:35:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Not bed bug egg. Looks like debris.
    Shiny spider beetle, Gibbium aequinoctiale.
    Larva of dermestid/carpet beetle called odd beetle, Thylodrias contractus. Common name refers to dissimilar male and female.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  5. fodufafa

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Aug 22 2019 18:41:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks to both of you.

So these are carpet beetle larva? And could result in bed bug-like skin reactions then? I have dealt with them in the past and know that they give me that kind of reaction. I didn't think they were, because I don't see those hairs on them.

I didn't bother to take a picture of the stain, because it was too small to really be indicative of anything I figured.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82