Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Is it possible PCO could bring s BB in? PCO s??

(9 posts)
  1. Stan11

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Jan 24 2016 20:10:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Isn't it possible that a PCO could bring a BB in my home coming from other homes he has just treated or inspecting?

When the PCO came to my house, he put is jacket on my kitchen chair and even had a briefcase!
    I mean what's stopping them from bringing one in? How can I be sure during treatment or future inspections this doesn't happen?

Thanks!

2. Stan11

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Jan 25 2016 21:37:39
    #

Login to Send PM

No one?

3. Stan11

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Jan 26 2016 10:50:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the reply. Yea during treatment I'm sure if a BB is brought it, it ll die from the treatment but what about future inspections?

4. SODABOTTLEBB

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Jan 26 2016 12:14:52
    #

Login to Send PM

The previous answer is a bit concerning. A PCO doesn't want bedbugs in their truck or home anymore than we do. They should have a decontamination procedure including changing clothing and making sure they are not transferring bedbugs from one location to another. Otherwise they'd have a pretty big liability concern to their customers.

If you're concerned, ask what their control measures are--if you don't like the answer, find another PCO.

5. Stan11

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Jan 27 2016 11:45:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I did ask. They said " that's just not likely we are very cautious"

6. SODABOTTLEBB

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Jan 27 2016 12:25:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I'd probably ask what procedures specifically they follow if they are "very cautious"--or you can trust him.

7. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Jan 27 2016 12:31:58
    #

Login to Send PM

binincave - 1 day ago  » 
    Hi, Sure he'll bring them in. They'll be killed with the treatment. Also his truck will be fully infested. He may be covered with bites. It's not an issue.

Welcome to the board; stop giving advice, you don't know what you're talking about and someone might actually take you seriously.

As for PCOs transferring bed bugs into a home, while anything is possible, a PCO is the best trained, most professional and well versed in how NOT to transfer bed bugs. Not only would it make his vehicle and home unbearable but word-of-mouth would destroy his business in quick order, no?

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Jan 28 2016 23:56:05
    #

Login to Send PM

binincave - 3 days ago  » 
    Hi, Sure he'll bring them in. They'll be killed with the treatment. Also his truck will be fully infested. He may be covered with bites. It's not an issue.

Not sure what you're basing this on.

Yes, it's possible -- PCO techs can have bed bugs and bring them from one place to another, but remember that most are going to be trying very hard not to do that.

They have homes and families too, and partners who will not want to be with them if they bring bed bugs home. An infested truck makes that hard not to do.

Keep in mind also they aren't just going to places they will later treat for bed bugs.

So I gather -- and it makes logical sense -- that most of them take steps to avoid bringing bed bugs from one job to the next.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  9. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jan 30 2016 19:33:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I wonder if a PCO's precautions vary with their level of expertise: So, the "pro's-pros" would have this down to an art or science, while the newbies (or the people a cheap landlord would call) would have a thing or two to learn.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,240 posts in 50,145 topics over 155 months by 21,921 of 22,417 members. Latest: plsnopls, Ldrago, frustrated1970