Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Is it possible for an infestation to be primarily in the curtains?

(4 posts)
  1. bedbugssuckbad

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Aug 21 2016 11:11:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I found a couple of baby bedbugs in the night, and found a single adult on the underside of the mattress later on. However, signs (blood stains, feces etc) were slim. I then looked at the curtains which are in contact with the bed for the entire length, and the infestation was much worse. Feces stains, blood stains, and what must have been about 10 bedbugs at least chilling by the edges (particularly the top).

My mattress has numerous holes and I plan to chuck it away regardless since it's not worth trying to save, but out of curiosity, is it possible that the mattress is actually low on bedbugs compared to the curtains? I managed to bag up the curtains smoothly in a pesticide-ridden bag, and it sure would be nice to think I'd got the worst of it there (not that I would dare to actually assume I have, don't worry :P)

So is it possible, even if unlikely?

2. iamdinner

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Aug 21 2016 11:23:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Definitely possible. I have a similar sounding infestation with an upholstered headboard and almost none in the mattress or box springs.

3. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Aug 21 2016 13:21:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes. Very possible. I've seen this before. The texture, and folds, and warmth of the drapes can be more invitational as a harborage than the bed or box frame.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  4. bedbugssuckbad

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Aug 21 2016 14:30:07
    #

Login to Send PM

jim danca - 1 hour ago  » 
    Yes. Very possible. I've seen this before. The texture, and folds, and warmth of the drapes can be more invitational as a harborage than the bed or box frame.

Makes sense in my case in particular then; I don't even have a box frame, just a cheap mattress on a metal frame consisting solely of bars that slot in. Perhaps they chose the curtains since their usual favourite was absent?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82