Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Is it phobia or the start of returning bed bugs? HELP!!

(4 posts)
  1. Flynclt20

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun Nov 4 2018 20:59:40
    #

Login to Send PM

So I work in the travel industry and have always had a beg bug phobia, but over the last few weeks I have been feeling like I have them.... I bought my condo in (on 1 floor of 2) Jan, 2017. I did find out in the disclosure the place had been treated for bed bugs, but the place was completely renovated and additional since to tile floors,etc. I do get very random bits here and there at times and sometime they do not seem like mosquito bites and sometimes they do.

Last week, the upstairs condo owner got mad at me over another dispute and brought up the fact he never asked me for the $500 he had to pay to treat his unit because the infestation on my unit was so bad. It was iradicated in his unit and I know my unit was thoroughly treated a few times after the former tenant here moved out and they did massive renovations. Him bringing it restoked fears and phobias I was already having. I don’t ever remember dead or alive in the almost 2yrs seeing a very round bug like all the photos I’ve looked at, I do keep finding little bugs. I know it could all be in my head but the tenant upstairs recently moved out and they’ve been renovating so it is possible if there was any hold outs between both units they might have come back down?

I travel and only sleep in my bed maybe 3days a week w/ my partner who claims he’s never been bitten and assured me it’s in my head. There are times I’m gone for 2weeks or more so I’m guessing since I’m gone so much it wouldn’t really give them a chance to become a huge problem/infestation. The last month I keep thinking about it, itching out of the jeebies.

I’ve checked the mattress and sheets and headboard and under, I haven’t been brave enough to dig through the box spring, but I see no real signs anywhere like those skin sheddings that look exactly like the bug, just skin sheddings that sometime are just narrow but like just like a back skin not even a whole bug and those haven’t been in the bed. I’ve scowered my sheets w a flashlight to look for any blood spots, I’ve checked the couch cushions good and some of the seems. If I get bites which aren’t often but I can’t sometimes remember if they happened st night because of how bad my phobia and jeebies are right now. The bites are very rarely more then 1 or 2 and not anything like some the bites I see here, hard to tell if their mosquito or something else, but I have had a slew of small bites together on my feet or ankles.

I guess I’m just super paranoid about getting them since they were in this unit 2yrs ago, but both units were treated. Just scared residual may be back. My BF said just call the leading company here in Phoenix and have them check if your worried.

This is the o my bug I’ve found this even resembles a bed bug and it was in my living dead by the TV/entertainment stand, never found a dead bug in my room yet over the last few weeks.
    Any advice, could I have a very small problem and just remained very small because I’m gone a lot and my partner says he never has had bites but I know some people don’t show symptoms. Just freaked out so bad, sorry for the long post... he is the big pic.

2. Flynclt20

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun Nov 4 2018 21:34:20
    #

Login to Send PM

3. SalsaVince

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun Nov 4 2018 21:49:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Nope

Tell me a success story, please!
    Vince
  4. Flynclt20

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun Nov 4 2018 22:02:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks. My unit had bed bugs 2yrs ago and it was treated all before I bought and moved in and the whole unit was mostly renovated. Plus the upstairs neighbor had a few treatments. I just feel like it’s probably my phobia. Other then a few random mosquito type bits never more then 2 or 3, I’m just not sure if I have them or if they made their way back after the neighbor recently moved out a month ago if she even still had them, owner said after their two treatments up there they were gone. I travel a lot but just to one place without bed bugs and I’m hardly home to be fed on, my BF never has bites...so the issue could be small. I don’t see any of the real typical signs, but just frustrated with random bites and I have the worst phobia and jeebies of them!! All bugs I’ve found on the floors and near baseboards have been other bugs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,578 posts in 46,826 topics over 143 months by 20,660 of 21,557 members. Latest: Dread Bugs, gbbedbug, BuggedOUTinOH