Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

is it normal to wake up with bites the day after getting sprayed?

(11 posts)
  1. i hate buggs

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jun 8 2013 12:36:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I got sprayed yesterday and I have 2 bites when i woke up so when do the treatment start to work?
    How long will it take until i know its working?

Thank you

2. murray80

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jun 8 2013 12:41:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Is it not the case that the bugs have to crawl over the insecticide for it to kill them? I may be wrong but I'm sure I remember reading that it takes a good few hours. They could have got you in the process perhaps

3. i hate buggs

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jun 8 2013 12:47:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I got sprayed yesterday and never felt a bite (i know how they feel) then I went to sleep 12 hours later and i woke up this morning with 2...............so i was just wonder after they walk tho it does it kill them right away or does it take time like hours or so...........I just want to make sure they sprayed in the right areas.

4. i hate buggs

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jun 9 2013 10:11:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Found a bug on my shoulder as it was biting me???? how long does it take for the treatment to work???

5. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jun 9 2013 10:58:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Post what was used. Some insecticides like phantom take weeks. They have to spray the harborage. They don't just walk over poison and die like roaches.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  6. i hate buggs

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jun 9 2013 11:03:09
    #

Login to Send PM

THANK YOU !!! Now I can rest (sort of) knowing it takes time.
    I also had the legs of my cot sprayed so when they climb up they will walk throw it and of course its not touching the wall.

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jun 9 2013 17:03:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes-- it's not an instant thing, they take time to make contact with poison and die.

Most cases also take 2-3 treatments, sometimes even more. You need retreatment at approx. 10-14 days if bed bugs are still present. Passive style monitors may help you determine this (FAQ on bed bug monitors). Don't rely on sightings and skin reactions alone.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  8. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jun 9 2013 17:30:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 26 minutes ago  » 
    Yes-- it's not an instant thing, they take time to make contact with poison and die.
    Most cases also take 2-3 treatments, sometimes even more. You need retreatment at approx. 10-14 days if bed bugs are still present. Passive style monitors may help you determine this (FAQ on bed bug monitors). Don't rely on sightings and skin reactions alone.

What she said X2!

Bed bug eradication can take time and often will require a few treatments to reach success.

Good luck!

9. i hate buggs

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Jun 10 2013 8:04:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you Nobugsonme And KillerQueen

10. Beba

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Jun 10 2013 22:01:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I have my first treatment 2days a go, I purchased also bed covers, that first night of the treatment I slept like an angel, I went to the basement to watch some clothes cause I have empty all the clothes, I saw something crawling on the basement took a pict. To see if it was a bed bug and it was a carpet beetle, I was more relaxed when I when down again, and I am trying to folding clothes I saw a bed bug, I when crazy, I had already send my daughter to put clothes back in her closet, when I took her blanket out under the covers they were so many of many of them! It seems dead because of the treatment , my three rooms are infected, while I am lay down in bed I see something very tiny maybe an egg took a pict. On my phone and it was a bed bug, going crazy check the clothes on the closet and I saw something like an egg took a pict and it was another bed bug, we all slept on the living room going crazy I feel I see them anywhere, I call the exterminator again coming back tomorrow for another treatment, and is going to bring me new covers, going crazy donot know what to do, need help!

11. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Jun 10 2013 23:09:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Beba,
    Please copy your post and start a NEW thread. If you do not know how to do that, see the FAQs about the Forums which explain how to start a thread.

Starting your own discussion thread with a new title is going to attract more people to see and respond to your post.

Thanks!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,803 posts in 50,043 topics over 155 months by 21,876 of 22,362 members. Latest: jnnafnlys01, simo7, Datnguyen