Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Is Ficam useful to use in treating bb, (those in UK)?

(4 posts)
  1. Livingagain

Posted 11 years ago
    Fri Aug 8 2008 20:10:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I think Ficam is still used in UK. Is that useful to the fight over there?

2. sue251070

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Sat Aug 9 2008 1:05:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi there from U.K bbs! Ficam is used in the U.K with very little success. It is a bendiocarb which is one of the insecticides which bbs have developed a resistance to. I googled it fairly comprehensively a few weeks ago.

3. thebedbugresource

old timer

Posted 11 years ago
    Sun Aug 10 2008 1:08:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

I disagree.

We use Ficam D (dust applications) frequently in Canada for bed bug control with great success. Bendiocarb is one of the few active ingredients on the market that is NOT a synthetic pyrethroid. Synthetic pyrethroids are the ones that bed bugs are starting to show resistance to.

Sincerely,

Sean
    Entomologist / Pest Professional

4. BBcoukHome

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Sun Aug 10 2008 19:14:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Sean,

I am not aware of anyone using dust application in the UK I think it is only recomended for wasps in the dust formulation but as a liquid application it can cause nightmares in properties.

BB's appear to be completely resistant to it as a residual, I have seen many properties treated up to 6 times with 10 litres per room application rates. In poorly applied rooms it also appears to have a flushing effect which can lead to infestations spreading between rooms.

The problem is that it is also one of the cheaper formulations available over here and does tend to be over used in most domestic settings.

I think a lot of people would agree that BB control is rapidly becoming what you do rather than what you use.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,669 posts in 49,314 topics over 152 months by 21,612 of 22,037 members. Latest: Jaded48, ctd2289, N52B30AE