Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Free for all

Is David Cain OK?

(8 posts)
  1. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jun 5 2017 11:56:15
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been off this site for a while, but came back last night because of a new bedbug siting. Oh, the joy!

I noticed David hasn't been on in the last day or so, and with all going on in London, was wondering if he was OK. Hope he's just enjoying a holiday.

2. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jun 5 2017 12:06:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I imagine David is ok. There are times, sometimes months on end, when he is too busy to post. I think he sometimes travels for work.

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jun 5 2017 18:55:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I am well. I posted on Sunday morning with the tag #LondonIsOpen but want to share something about Saturday night.

I drive over that bridge maybe 20 times a month, its a common route for me through the city and I know the area well. In fact I was due to be at a social event int he pub less than 10 meters from where the van crashed on Saturday night but instead went to a friends house for dinner.

I got home about 10pm and actually heard some of the sirens and associated noises as its only about 2.5 miles from where I live.

Some Sundays I help out some friends with their business in central London which has a cross over to the social group who met on Saturday night and who had been plunged into the incident. Thankfully as the event includes a therapy workshop with a professional therapist we were able to use the time to cover techniques for trauma management and to provide support.

It was a very long day and apart from the basics its been a day to recharge.

Over the years I have been close to a number of incidents like this where various groups have acted so horrifically to others. It is never a solution to advancing a cause and the best way we can move forward is to refuse to blame people of a colour, religion, gender, sex or country for the actions of a few among them. It is hate that fuels their agenda and thus by taking the positive path we take the strongest action we can in fighting them.

If you ever worried you can look me up on FaceBook, I always check in so that those who are international know I am OK.

Thanks for your concern though.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  4. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jun 5 2017 19:21:41
    #

Login to Send PM

First, I'm glad to hear that you are well but sorry that this hit so close to home. Second, I'm sorry I missed your #LondonIsOpen post. Last and most important, you truly sound like a wonderful human being. Besides all the help and support you provide here, the way you supported your friends who were traumatized by this event says a lot about what a genuinely good person you are.

It also sounds like we agree politically. I couldn't have stated my feelings about the need to stay positive, and to avoid placing blame or making rash generalizations about an entire nation/ethnicity/religious group because of the actions of a few. Thank you for your post, and know that we are pulling for you here in the U.S., even if our political leaders don't seem to be.

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jun 5 2017 20:33:13
    #

Login to Send PM

HI ithoughtlicewerebad,

Just passing the karma forward. Long term readers will have noticed the shift towards psychology I have made in the last 18 months. This is in part driven by an amazing therapist I have been working with on a community group project focused on health mental practices which fuses feelings with biochemistry and genetics. We also cover a range of issues from human rights to how to better communicate.

I try to keep that side of things separate to the bed bug world but I can assure you this is not the only sphere of my life where I am often considered outspoken and controversial. I have come close to spitting my covfe at my screen many times in recent months. However the reality you see so clearly is one we have been living under for many years through different political parties and on many levels it contributes to the dispersal of bed bugs as society looses cohesion.

I am just hoping the Polti works on them when the Zombie apocalypse arrives.

David

6. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jun 5 2017 20:38:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Sounds like fascinating work, David. And I love how you connect it all together. This year has been hard for me on many, many levels. And my husband often speculates that my general anxiety level was already so high because of political events, that it made me more anxious about the bedbug situation. It just feels as if I am losing control. However, I have my health, a loving family, and like-minded friends willing to do the work on the political and social justice front. I just need to have the same outlook on this other front.

I'm rambling now, but appreciate our "chat". Hope you get some more time to regroup and decompress today.

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jun 6 2017 0:14:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Glad to see you are safe, David. It's horrible to see so many such events around the world recently.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  8. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jun 6 2017 9:07:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, I am often saddened to hear that while the losses in some locations get reported they are under reported in others. If this number of people were suffering because of disease or famine we would see huge efforts towards solutions.

The solution here is peace and dialogue which could not be further from the political rhetoric at present. In some ways, it's why I am try to spare the time to be here most days. Its something positive I can do that gets rapid results. Most of my other projects are closer to glacial timings in how quickly they advance.

Thanks for creating the foxhole.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

274,687 posts in 45,068 topics over 137 months by 19,788 of 20,523 members. Latest: Starsky30, Sayitaintso99, bid