Is Best Yet Spray and DE enough?

(8 posts)
  1. goingBUGGYcrazy

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon May 28 2012 21:35:30
    #

Login to Send PM

I've already spent $110.84 on 1 Gallon Best Yet Spray which DOES kill the bed bugs when you spray it on them. I feel like I'm ready to start sleeping with a little spray bottle of this magic potion. As soon as you spray it on them, they wiggle for a few seconds and then are dead. It's great!!

But if you spray it all over the beds, baseboards, outlets, anywhere you can - does it still kill them? Or is it only when it's sprayed directly ON them? I don't know if it works if they just walk into it.

I also spent $57.93 on 30lbs Organic Bedbug Killer Diatomaceous Earth DE!! I have yet to see if this stuff does work. Does ANYONE have any success stories with this? I feel like a person trying to protect themself from a vampire or something lining all my doorways with it and all over the carpets and near the beds etc. etc. etc. **sigh** Alas I found one today in my daughters bed all cuddled up in the her wadded up sheet. Gosh! They are driving me insane! (No not suicidal!) I just want them gone!

I know I have a lot of questions, I'm sorry... but would these two products alone get rid of the bugs. Right now (as far as we can see) the bugs are just in the attic (my room) and the next floor down (2nd fl - kids’ rooms) and I've only found ONE in the past two weeks. I'm THINKING that because it was so hot yesterday over 100degrees that the bugs from the attic were migrating?

Any ways? Should I just keep on treating those two rooms? Will they be gone then? Or should I treat the whole house? I've already spent almost $200 on all of these products. All the places I call want $1,000 or more. I'm an unemployed, disabled stay-at-home Mom, I cannot afford that. I live at home with my Dad because he is disabled as well and lives barely on retirement. We cannot afford for these people to come out and heat up the whole house for over $1,000. I don't know what to do.

I also read on here about a "PackTite Portable Heater". What is this? Would this work just as well as if an exterminator were to come out? And how does this work?

PLEASE HELP ME AND MY BABIES BE BITE FREE!!

2. Tessy

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon May 28 2012 21:44:01
    #

Login to Send PM

One thing you might check since both of you are on disability is with department of human services, I believe, so they will pay for the treatment

3. bbsnack

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon May 28 2012 22:18:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Looks like you are in Ohio. The law here states that if your landlord owns 10+ units, he has to pay for treatment. If not, you are responsible for it. Try contacting OSU's entemology department, the Central Ohio Bed Bug Task Force, or Ohio Dept of Health. Any one of them may have funding to help in your special circumstances. Some treatments are only around $300 each. You might need more than one, but could have a month or so to save up money in between. Good luck!

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue May 29 2012 0:12:23
    #

Login to Send PM

In a lot of places, landlords have to pay for professional treatment. You need to find out the local laws. If this is true where you live, then it is probably much more likely to be successful than self-treatment.

One of the problems with self-treatment is that it doesn't tend to work well for most people.

Another is that it often means landlords know nothing about your problem, which means they may persist longer in the building.

If you're entitled to treatment via your landlord, then I recommend you don't start treating as this may affect what the PCO is able to do when they come in.

You can read debates about CedarCide Best Yet by clicking the tags for "CedarCide" and "Best Yet" above -- here is one of the most popular.

As for the Packtite, it can help remove bed bugs from stuff. Lots of people find them very useful. However, it is not a treatment method for your home. (You can read about Packtites in this FAQ.)

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. clara2011

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed May 30 2012 4:23:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello

I had an infestation for 2 months (I cought the bugs on a ferry to Italy). I was being bitten everyday but my partner never had a single bite (or was a non reactor). I would get so anxious every evening, dreading to go to bed. would wake up around 4am every single morning from bites but also depression. I never saw a single bug, and my partner would think I was crazy, looking everywhere with my torchlamp and acting weird,
    All I ever did was too spray slightly wet DE all around my bed, sprinfle DE on the floor under my bed and my room's furniture. Ive washed my bedding twice a week at 60 degres.

I noticed a decrease in bites after 4 days. I could not beleive it!!!! i was bites free after 10 days,

The best week of my life. the DE bottle costed me £10! Bargain,

6. Canuck

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed May 30 2012 8:17:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I wish to respectuflly point out Clara2011, was not able to confirm the cause of her situation to be bed bugs - no verifiable evidence and we all know you can not diagnose the cause by bite marks. Applying the DE did seem to provide peace of mind, which is good, but the evidence that the DE was was the solution in a mere 10 days is circumstantial.

Sheree Swindle / certified K9-assisted bed bug inspector
  7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed May 30 2012 8:31:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Not a fan of cedar oil solutions but please for the sake of humanity don't sleep with it, the offspring produced could be disastrous.

David

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  8. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed May 30 2012 8:52:25
    #

Login to Send PM

As Best Yet contains silica, wouldn't applying Best Yet and DE be redundant?

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82