interceptor trap time frame

(3 posts)
  1. jmc1

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu May 26 2011 1:20:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Still not sure if bed bugs; have had the interceptor climb ups for about 1 month; nothing but a couple of spiders and carpet beetles. How long have people had interceptors up BEOFRE finding any evidence of bed bugs?

2. landlordlies

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu May 26 2011 17:06:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm wondering this too. We have had interceptors up for a week and a half and haven't seen anything, although I'm definitely getting bitten. Think the bugs might have climbed along the cord for my lamp that is clipped to the headboard, so we took that down. Or maybe we have the ninja variety that drops from the ceiling. Make sure nothing is touching the bed (pull away from the wall, make sure your blanket doesn't touch the floor while you're sleeping... we resorted to using just a sheet that is tucked in on all sides) and if you're still getting bitten and the only way they could have gotten up is through the interceptors, maybe they are interceptor-proof? Can anyone comment on how well they work? I know they have a fine powder on the ridges that is supposed to make the bugs unable to climb, but if the powder has accidentally been wiped off or something maybe they are still able to go through it to get to your bed.

3. NoBB

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri May 27 2011 2:24:50
    #

Login to Send PM

"The monitors should be left in place for a minimum of 21 days to provide the best opportunity to intercept bed bugs as they move around your home. Ideally, the monitors should be left in place indefinitely so that they are continually monitoring for bed bugs."

(emphasis mine) The above is quoted from
    http://www.usbedbugs.com/assets/pdf/climbup-instructions.pdf

Hope that helps

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,768 posts in 50,035 topics over 155 months by 21,875 of 22,358 members. Latest: weluckyfew201, questioning_bugger, Mikayah