Insanity or vigilance?

(3 posts)
  1. BBwTWINSx2

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Feb 5 2019 14:21:05
    #

Login to Send PM

I am a 35 yr old full time mom of 12 yr. old twins (boy and girl) and 18 month old twins (both girls). We moved into a 4 br/2 bath house last fall and love it here. We have all of the house except for the basement which is a 1 br apt. that an employee of our landlord (let's call him joe) lives in during the summer and is rented during the winter. Money was very tight living off one income. When we moved in we baught both of my older twins new mattresses and box springs, and ourselves a new mattress which we put on our bedroom floor. I was trying to find a used box spring to save some money (huge mistake). I was reluctant with all the ones I found though. About a month after we moved in, Joe offered my bf his box spring because he had just baught a new mattress and box spring. Knowing how badly I wanted to get one, my bf accepted the gift and when I got home from grocery shopping it was set up on our metal frame in our room. My bf was so excited to show me this surprise, I couldn't be mad. I asked him if he looked it over first and his answer was something along the lines of "of course I did. Do you really think Joe would give us a box spring infested with bed bugs? He knows we have kids, he wouldn't do that." I thought about it and thought he was right, why would anyone do something like that?
    A few weeks later my oldest daughter woke up with 3 itchy bites on her arm. I had a sick feeling about this so I did some research. Obviously it could be bb's, but it could have been a number of other insects as well. I bought some bb killing spray and sprayed all the beds in the house. No more bites.
    A cpl weeks later I noticed there was an exterminator parked outside. I went out to investigate and found out from the exterminator that the basement apartment was being treated for bed bugs (gulp). I thought about the bites again and decided I needed more information and not to freak out yet, after all, no more bites.....so far.
    I confronted Joe once he got home that evening, and he told me that he noticed them a cpl months ago and that the man that rented the basement apt the previous winter had a lot of homeless people living there with him and there had been like 15 mattresses all over the apt. Also that this was their last treatment and he hadn't seen a bb in a month.
    I was beyond angry but what could I do about it now? The box spring had already been in my house for a month and IF it was a bb bite my daughter had, that ment they had already been moving throughout the house. I kept my composure, and decided I would just keep an eye out. There hadn't been any more bites sense I sprayed and I checked everything.
    We went from the beginning of October to the beginning of January without any signs of bb's. Then my daughter had 3 bites on her calf and 3 bites on her thigh, once again in a triangle shape. The following week my son had a line of bites on his arm. They were itchy red welts. I kept looking and a cpl weeks ago found one big bb in my sheets. I called my older twins father and informed him and the landlord. I put some of my older twins clothes in the dryer and had them take a shower. I had them change their clothes right b4 they walked out the door to go to their fathers and they haven't been back sense. It would be very bad to pass this on to his house. He has his father living with him and he's in a wheelchair. He's been looking for them there just in case.
    I have been getting bit a lot sense they left, but I'm not getting red welts. I Jet little red dots and an itch rash and a stinging sensation, like it's biting me right then. Also I am constantly feeling ilke they're crawling all over me. I've been bagging up all the clothes and decluttering, but I made a big mistake on day 1. I just started throwing all the laundry into the laundry room. I didn't learn that I need to bag them b4 moving them until after I had my room and the nursery done.
    The nursery is off of the laundry room so I'm worried I might have infested the babies sleeping area. If either of the babies or my bf are being bit, they aren't having a reaction to it (thank God).
    At first my bf just kept stating facts about bb's and laughing at my irrational fear of them, but he's starting to get fed up with me making him change his clothes b4 he leaves the house and freaking out if he drops his clean clothes on the floor. I haven't been sleeping but a hour here n there. I was so terrified to pass one to the babies or get one on me that I tried not to hold them unless i had to. I still move away any time my bf's clothes touch me. I'm always looking at the walls, ceilings, any crack or crevice, and there are a lot here. Other than the kitchen and bathrooms, all our floors are unfinished hardwood.
    There's so much to do but the babies required 24/7 supervision so I feel like I'm running in place to get to Cali from maine. My babies are definitely feeling my stress and anxiety, they haven't been sleeping very well either. So today I took some advice I got from a form on here and put everything on pause this morning and spent some time just playing and reading books with my babies. We all needed it.
    My landlord was supposed to call the exterminator last Thurs and didn't. Then he was supposed to call yesterday but once again didn't. I talked with him this morning and am waiting to hear back. I've found several more at the foot and edges of my bed. My bf found a cluster in the box spring. We killed all but a cpl that we found, we put a cpl in Ziploc baggie to show the exterminator whenever he comes.
    How can I protect my babies? I've been steaming with a hand held clothes steamer and using a shop-vac as well as doing laundry. Do i really need to use a new bag every time? I'm going through bags like crazy!
    Any helpful suggestions are greatly appreciated!

2. BBwTWINSx2

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Feb 5 2019 17:05:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I didn't put the part about the box spring in my other post. I was embarrassed that I would do something so ignorant.

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Feb 6 2019 13:40:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Normally I'd report spam...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

285,399 posts in 47,493 topics over 146 months by 20,948 of 21,258 members. Latest: Nwkent25@gmail.com, Camilleparker, lamachina