Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Infuriating neighbors -- how can people be so f-ing stupid?

(6 posts)
  1. littlebugstards

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jul 21 2013 22:28:41
    #

Login to Send PM

If you know my story you know I live in an apartment bldg. w/tenants upstairs who've recently been evicted and their apt. was discovered to be "ground zero" during this last week.

Since then, something like seven units in my bldg. have reported beg bugs. Tenants are talking to one another. Turns out someone in an apt. in the very back of the bldg. (right above where the garbage cans are in the alley) has had a significant issue -- also unreported until a day or two ago.

Yesterday, about mid-day, I heard lots of heavy footsteps upstairs and furniture being dragged around. I look outside in front and there was a rental moving truck.

I thought they were gone. The janitor said he'd changed the locks, that they were gone.

Argh.

Next I hear furniture being DRAGGED down the front stairs (stairs are all wood, no carpeting, old bldg, many crevices and cracks, etc.). So this is an apt. where there was a bed bug free-for-all for at least one full year and the "wonderful" tenants are so kind and considerate they want to make sure they bounce out nymphs and eggs and instars and adults bed bug as they bump and slam items, large and small, down the stairs.

5 beds. They dragged 5 friggin' beds and countless other infesting items down the front stairs and through the lobby.

You can imagine that I was FREAKING OUT!!!!

So, in order to make myself feel better, I sealed the my front door closed with blue painters tape from the inside.

And it worked. I felt better. Not sure it will help any crawlers from making their way into my apt.

Apparently the "mother-of-the-year" who let her kids live like this for so long, and is generally just a horrible parent, decided to toss out lots of bedding, some furniture and a sh*tload of kid's toys.

When we arrived home this even; we say a man standing in the dumpster filled w/their bed buggy stuff tossing various items out to his pre-teen son.

He did not care that it was bed bug infested stuff.

Oh man. I HATE BED BUGS and I truly dislike the former tenant upstairs. I will continue to keep those poor kids in my thoughts No one should be made to live under such conditions.

Thanks for the vent.

2. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jul 21 2013 22:42:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Those poor kids!

This will get resolved

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  3. littlebugstards

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jul 21 2013 22:57:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, TAOT. I believe it will as well. Sadly, many public schools have b.bugs infestations. It's probable that the kids brought a b.bug or two home on their backpacks. I just wish the mother had had enough sense to report it. Ah well, it is what it is.

4. ShelaghDB

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jul 21 2013 23:47:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Are these people all crack addicts? LOL

I have had to walk into many apartments that were crack dens, and I finally became immune to seeing these places crawling with bed bugs, fully visible, in the day time, crawling up walls, ceilings, with several people relaxing in the unit, smoking crack, bugs crawling right over them and these people not even blinking. I was quite disgusted.

They weren't even aware they were crawling all over them.
    Perhaps you have some crack addicts as neighbour.........I can't imagine ANY reason, people wouldn't care..

5. AtItAgain

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Jul 22 2013 13:55:30
    #

Login to Send PM

One of the apartment buildings in our town is infected with BB's. As people were treated they of course threw stuff out in the dumpster. Each day from our house, we could see people taking this infected furniture and bedding out of the dumpster and taking it home. Even though there is a warning sign on the dumpster that things may be infested with bedbugs. I couldn't believe it!

Are some people friggin crazy? Well yes, I think they are....
    Also people are still moving in and out of the apartment building, pest control trucks are a weekly sight there. I don't understand how the places can be rented out wen it is known to be infested.

6. littlebugstards

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Jul 22 2013 17:18:20
    #

Login to Send PM

@shwelaghdb-

I do believe there was a severe addiction problem w/the tenants. Okay, yes -- I think it was probably crack.

OMG.

Life in the big city.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,704 posts in 49,532 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,143 members. Latest: shawnpayne1982, JaphaSundog, Missdebra2323