Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Infestation spreading to other rooms

(8 posts)
  1. pharmakon

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Dec 8 2010 13:47:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi everyone,

How long does it take for the infestation to spread to adjacent rooms if there is no food source available for the bugs?

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Dec 8 2010 13:53:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

That depends on how many bedbugs there were to start with, the configuration of the room and the access paths to other rooms.

It is simply not a simple answer, it is therefore advisable to keep infected rooms occupied whereever possible.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. LBP

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Dec 8 2010 16:58:55
    #

Login to Send PM

So if you live alone... Assuming they're in the bed... You can't use your living room or its furniture? You can't use any other bedroom furniture (or they'll infect those too)? You have to spend all your free time at home sitting in bed?

What a horrible way to live. And people wonder why I'm afraid of bedbugs.

4. Richard_Naylor

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Dec 9 2010 9:18:36
    #

Login to Send PM

If it is a relatively small infestation and you are sleeping in the bed at night, you should be fine to use the living room during the day. If you start sleeping on the sofa at night to avoid the bugs, they will start searching and it won't take long for them to find you.

5. BugsInTO

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Dec 9 2010 9:30:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Keep your bedroom stuff in the bedroom. Change out of pyjamas and leave in the bedroom before going to the living room. Don't bring books & other items from your bedside table to the living etc.

6. LBP

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Dec 10 2010 5:14:39
    #

Login to Send PM

What about nocturnal people like me?

7. BBcoukHome

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Dec 10 2010 7:27:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi LBP,

That is not the case and you have made a whole bunch of assumptions there which may be why you are so distressed about bedbugs even though you have not been exposed to them.

If they are in your bedroom then you can still use the rest of your house, you just need to be careful with what is brought in and out of infected areas to make sure it does not spread.

Its all about having a clear action plan developed through reading and understanding and not overly worrying about things before you actually have an issue.

David

8. toledo

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Dec 10 2010 9:32:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Mine spread. If you don't react, it takes a while longer to find the evidence. I'd guess it may have been about 6-8 weeks before we noticed them in other bedrooms. Our bed bugs had a long ways to travel to get to these other bedrooms, too. I'd say they had to go at least 30 feet in two different directions to find the rest of us, once my daughter left for college.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,305 posts in 49,236 topics over 152 months by 21,584 of 22,005 members. Latest: Robbysee, Elephant88, Nobugsplsto