Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

Infestation in baby's crib

(3 posts)
  1. lavender123

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Mar 4 2018 21:56:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Last week I found bed bugs in my 9 month old daughter's crib (she sleeps in the same room with my husband and I). The PCO came out and found evidence in our bed as well, and did the first of 3 treatments a few days ago. We have all been sleeping 1 floor below the infested room on a pull out couch and pack-n-play, because I couldn't bring myself to put her back in her crib knowing there could be bugs there still. I called the PCO and he swore it would be "safe" to sleep in our beds again, so tonight I put her back in her crib. Thirty minutes later I came to check on her and found three bed bugs on the mattress with her. I freaked out and stripped her naked and took her back downstairs to sleep. I don't want to draw the bugs to infest another room, but how can I bring myself to put my baby daughter in an infested crib?? How do people live like this for weeks and months at a time?? If it were just me and my husband we could grit and bear it, but she's just a baby, I can't put her through that. What do we do??

2. tripturnedintoanightmare

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Mar 5 2018 4:45:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Knowing that your child is being bitten and not being able to protect him/her is the worst feeling ever (this is what is happening to me). Maybe you should sleep downstairs with your daughter and your husband should sleep upstairs to act as the bait for the bed bugs so your child won't be bitten.

3. Mf1616

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Mar 5 2018 10:43:58
    #

Login to Send PM

tripturnedintoanightmare - 5 hours ago  » 
    Maybe you should sleep downstairs with your daughter and your husband should sleep upstairs to act as the bait for the bed bugs so your child won't be bitten.

Good idea. Just make sure your husband is super careful to not bring any hitchhikers outside of the room with him, on his clothes, body, etc...

For the record, I am NOT an expert.
    My advice/opinion comes from past experience(s) with bed bugs and what I have read on-line.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,816 posts in 49,812 topics over 154 months by 21,801 of 22,267 members. Latest: Purplebrain, MrBedbug, Pioneer47