INCORRECT FACTS NYCT

(3 posts)
  1. welcometoNY

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Wed Sep 26 2018 15:53:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Check out this article, apparently they had pulled 6 buses out of service to investigate for bed bugs:

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Six-Buses-Taken-Out-of-Service-Due-to-Possible-Bed-Bug-Infestation-MTA-Head-Says-494267341.html

What really bothered me was this quote by the MTA/NYCT President:

'The buses don’t have fabric seats, so even if bedbugs had been present, they wouldn't have lived long, Byford said."

Which seems like some bull to me.

Thoughts from our experts though? You would think someone with that much authority on the matter reporting to the New York Post would know that bed bugs can survive even without the presence of fabric (look at me! I've learned so much here! ha.)

2. Dlmcc

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Wed Sep 26 2018 19:57:13
    #

Login to Send PM

My husband worked as a bus mechanic at that garage for 31 years (he's been retired 5, so can't blame him for bringing home bb's lol) He's not the least bit surprised at their response. You're so right, they haven't a clue! I'm sure the cleaners and maintenance who worked on those 6 buses are going to find this site very soon!

3. CK15

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Wed Sep 26 2018 21:33:39
    #

Login to Send PM

"Wouldn't have lived long."

BS. Even in the worst conditions a bus could naturally give on hard plastic seats, they'd live a while. Damage control, nothing less, nothing more.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,552 posts in 49,285 topics over 152 months by 21,598 of 22,023 members. Latest: TW20, MyAccountHere, eldina714