In Desperate Need of Peace of Mind :(

(3 posts)
  1. NoSleepTillFreedom

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed May 3 2017 19:27:52
    #

Login to Send PM

First off, I want to say how amazing this forum is. I have read various posts from this website during my first encounter with bedbugs and it helped tremendously. However, I believe that the battle is not over. A year ago, I began dating one of my best friends, who I had known for several years prior. Shortly after we dated, I had numerous red welts on my back, buttocks area, and fingers. Luckily, I was able to rid the infestation with EcoRaider before it got too heavy. But, I was stuck wondering where the bastards came from. Well, new guy, new bites. Must be him, right? I have searched his apartment NUMEROUS times and have yet to locate a single bedbug. Not even a sign of them. My town is INFESTED with these darn things so I honestly could have gotten them anywhere. Been bedbug-free for months after my first encounter until this morning. I happened to take a peak of my backside after stepping out of the shower and lo' and behold, three tiny bites. Again, I am at a total loss. I have panicked and searched through all my couches (where the infestation began the first time) and my bed (which is encased) and found nothing. Just need some advice because I am not ready for all the psychological craziness these beasts brought me the first time. Help

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu May 4 2017 7:58:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Three bites is not an indication of bed bugs. They can't count and don't form patterns. I know you're paranoid from prior experiences but I don't think this is any reason to go into freak-out mode, it's probably nothing.

3. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu May 4 2017 8:11:00
    #

Login to Send PM

You need to find evidence first. Look carefully. Then take things one step at a time, based on evidence. It's possible you do still have them, and it's possible that you don't.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,429 posts in 49,261 topics over 152 months by 21,591 of 22,013 members. Latest: Ddukes, acidburn, metropest